Chapter 69

"Why did you want to meet?" Juliet looked across at Matt whose attention was fully on his phone.

He had been the one to ask for this meeting at the local coffee shop, yet he was the one now appearing as if he couldn't care less. Fixating his eyes on his phone for another few minutes more, Matt finally looked back at her.

"I have to make this quick but I wanted to talk to you about Hunter." He began, yet again sounding short and as if him being here was forced.

Juliet knew things were never going to be perfect between them, he was her ex but he tended to act worse with her ever since he had got with Abbie. She didn't want to blame it on her half-sister, knowing she couldn't control Matt's actions and instead thought it was more to do with him trying to put on a front. He had his new girlfriend and had fully moved on so wanted to make sure Juliet knew that...

"What about him?" Juliet then asked, taking a sip of the coffee in front of her.

"Now I'm back for good I want to see him more. I thought we could arrange a sharing schedule."

Matt's comment had Juliet silenced for a moment, as she just looked back at him a little taken back. He had been so forward and confident, acting as though what he had just asked wasn't at all an issue.

"Hello?" Matt waved his hand in front of her face when she didn't say a word.

"A sharing schedule?"

Juliet needed it clarified because if it was what she thought he meant, she about ready to give him a lecture.

"Yeah. I'll have him half the week and you have him the other half."

"Are you joking?" Juliet began laughing through genuine shock at how casually he was going about asking this.

She knew that Hunter was Matt's son and naturally he had every right to see him however, she had to take into account the lack of relationship Matt had built with him so far. He was back and forth in Hunter's life that it wasn't fair to put her son through any more confusion.

However, now Matt was sat before her asking to create a 'sharing schedule' where he was going to suddenly jump back into his son's life after such a messy relationship between them.

"No." Matt quipped shrugging his shoulders, looking back and forth between his phone and Juliet.

He was clearly putting on an act as though he didn't care, and Juliet knew this was an act because he always used to do it during arguments when they had been together.

"You've been away in Vegas and barely seen Hunter since you've been there and now you want to come back and suddenly have him for half a week, every week?"

"I'm back now for good so it'll be permanent this time."

Even though Matt sounded so confident and sure of himself, Juliet was finding it difficult to believe. After witnessing Hunter's previous confusion and upset when his dad had just randomly disappeared, she wasn't prepared to see that happen again.

"I don't know..." She trailed off and it was then that Matt put his phone down and gave her his full attention.

"You can't stop me from seeing my own son, Juliet. That's not fucking fair."

Matt's instant bite at Juliet got her back up as he really didn't seem to see what was so wrong with this.

"But I can when seeing him is such a messy situation with you! You pick and choose when is best for you and not Hunter."

"Am I doing that now?" Matt threw his hands out; their raise in voices causing the surrounding people to start to stare. "I want to see him on a permanent basis. You should be pleased."

"No I shouldn't because I don't trust you. How can I when you have given me no reason to?"

Silence fell over the pair for a moment while neither of them said a word. They were just looking at each other with aggravation in their eyes, yet there was something else hidden deep behind them too.

"I want to see my son, Juliet. You know you can't stop me so this conversation is pointless." Matt finally said, getting ready to push his chair out.

"I'm not saying you can't see him! I'm just saying I don't agree with the sharing idea. You can't have him half the week."

Juliet wasn't happy with the idea due to her fear and lack of trust in Matt. However, at the same time she didn't like the idea of him coming back to Brighton and expecting to just take Hunter away for half the week.

Juliet had been the one to bring Hunter up, not Matt and she didn't want her little boy being taken from her.

"This is fucking stupid." Matt sighed, slamming his hand on the table.

"You were stupid for walking in and out of his life. So now you need to deal with the consequences." Was Juliet's last comment before the argument was brought to an abrupt end.

There was nothing else that could be said because the bickering would be never ending. They were not going to agree on the situation at all due to their own strong opinions and that lead to there being no easy way of going about it.

Instead, Matt's anger lead him to want to result to his plan B, knowing it was the only way he was likely to get his way.