Chapter 27

The Garage Guys Update:

"I'm placing a confident bet on the fact that this garage is going to turn into baby talk over nights out now." Corey remarked, as all the guys were engrossed in work.

With Zaiden and Alexis' little boy now one, Sophie and Aaron waiting to bring their little girl home and Jack and Jess expecting their fifth child, they had been the hot topics of the morning. Alongside that, Daxon had recently got married and was a few weeks away from the birth of his first child and a few of the other guys were now in serious relationships.

The past few years had changed many of their mind-sets so much and it was suddenly as though they had a spark of maturity that had hit them all. However, not every guy in this garage was ready to grow up just yet and Corey alongside a few of the others were still clinging onto what they loved most.

"If you think Soph and Harris are going to drop what they do best that easily, you must be crazy." Zaiden teased, looking towards Aaron who began to laugh.

"Give it a few months while Phoebe settles in and we'll be back again... just obviously not full time." He laughed, knowing that even though they were now more mature minded, they hadn't lost their previous mind set completely.

"Anyway, I thought you and Kaia were a thing now. Doesn't that mean nights in with a pizza watching boxsets all night?" Jack raised his brows, knowing the exact reaction he was going to get in return.

"Fuck no." He responded, pulling a face of disgust.

Corey and Kaia had been on and off dating for a few months now and it had been going okay but they were continuingly experiencing their conflicts. Kaia had reached a point where as much as she did still love to go out, she wanted something more from a relationship than that.

She wanted what Sophie and Alexis had; someone who was able to switch from being a complete irresponsible idiot, to a mature loving guy when they wanted to.

She was still up for going out some weekends but she also wanted those weekends at home and doing other stuff however, it was clear that was not in Corey's plans at the moment.

Therefore, it had led to their constant breaking up and making up cycle that meant no one was ever really sure if they were on or off.

"Why not?" Jack then went onto ask and it didn't even take Corey a second to think about it.

"Because that implies we're more serious than we are. No offence but the thought of marriage and one child, little lone five makes me feel physically sick."

Jack couldn't help but laugh at this point because what he saw as the most important things in his life, Corey viewed with disgust. He wasn't ready to settle down and with everyone doing it around him it probably striked even more fear into him than before.

"One day you'll be stood in the kitchen trying to make a shitty breakfast for your wife and kids and you'll laugh that you even said that." Jack teased as he slapped a hand to Corey's back.

"You wanna bet?" Corey challenged and Jack was more than confident in his words.

There was nothing quite like the experience of a family and although he knew it wasn't for everyone, he knew Corey well enough to know he would appreciate it one day.

The thought of having five children to most was terrifying however; to him and Jess, it put an insane amount of joy into them. Family life with plenty of children running around was what they craved and something they never took for granted.

For Jack it was due to the fact he had always had a big family. His parents had plenty of brothers and sisters which lead to cousins he had always viewed as siblings growing up. Then as for Jess, it was all about the fact that she had never had her own real family. She had been brought up alongside the gang and as much as she viewed them as family, it wasn't quite the same. Therefore, finally being able to create her own brought her a happiness that nothing else could.

**

Sophie and Aaron Update:

"Soph." Aaron placed his hand across Sophie's knee that was uncontrollably moving up and down.

They had just pulled up at the adoption centre and the big day had arrived; they were finally getting to bring Phoebe home.

However, it had been such a long and difficult process with them meeting countless of challenges that Sophie was scared something was going to go wrong. It all seemed too good to be true and she was just hoping it all went smoothly.

"Mm?" She turned to look at him and brought her repetitive leg movements to a stop.

"It's okay. We're here, it's happening." He reassured causing a smile to form across Sophie's face. "We can finally have her home with us."

They had been on so many visits to see Phoebe after they had initially made that first connection and continued to build a relationship with her. It was so important to ensure they had that bond before they dragged her into their house where she would be living with two people she had just met.

Therefore, the process had been long and felt like it had been going on forever but it had been for good reasons. They were finally all ready for her to joint them and spend the next few weeks just the three of them while she got used to her new environment.

"Are you ready?" Aaron then asked once they had both got out the car and he held his hand out towards her.

"Yeah." Sophie grinned, placing her own hand in his.

Once they had made their way inside and had spent the next hour filling out forms and having meetings with numerous of people, the moment finally arrived that was impossible to put into words.

Phoebe was carried out from one of the rooms by one of the carers and the moment she caught sight of Sophie and Aaron, her eyes lit up. She immediately began struggling to get down from the woman's hold and the when she was, she ran towards them.

There was no doubt that through all the meetings and time spent with Phoebe while she had been in the home had paid off because they already felt like a family.

Phoebe was more than comfortable and more than happy to throw herself into both Sophie and Aaron's arms and show utmost joy that they were in her presence once again.

As the three of them were cuddled in a warm embrace in the middle of the room, so much love was excelling from them. They truly were a family and in this moment both Sophie and Aaron realised they had officially taken on that role as parents.

Phoebe was no longer a child that had previously belonged to someone else, she was theirs. It didn't matter that Sophie hadn't personally given birth to her herself or that they hadn't known her from birth because she still meant all the same to them.

Sophie and Aaron both felt an unconditional love for this little girl and that was because she was in fact their daughter. She was their daughter that they were going to spend their life loving and caring for and nothing in the world could beat that feeling.

"V. B." Phoebe pointed to herself once she had pulled out of the hug.

"Mummy." She then pointed to Sophie before reaching out to touch her hair. "Daddy." She moved her hand to point to Aaron.

In that moment was when the tears fell because it was then they realised they had officially been accepted by her. She understood what they were to her and understood that she finally had a family and that was beautiful to see.

The smile that was on this two year olds face was incredible and it made it all even more memorable.

**

thank you for reading!!! 

The previous character profile has now been updated to add Phoebe!!! :)))))