Chapter 102

"Sorry for making you come here." Matt said as he passed a drink to Juliet.

They were stood in the kitchen while Jay and Steph continued to go through all the old gang stuff and this was the first time they had managed to talk properly in what felt like forever.

"It's okay... it's all just a bit weird." Juliet shrugged her shoulders.

She didn't really mind being here, it was just not ideal with the conversation she knew they needed to have. However, Matt had insisted they could have their privacy away from Jay's questions and had taken them off to the kitchen.

"So we need to talk about Hunter..." Juliet began and Matt just nodded. He hadn't realised that this was genuinely what she had wanted to talk about. He had something else in mind, so was a little surprised that she was so focused on this.

"If you want to see him more we need to set out some kind of plan. Dylan is obviously his guardian now, so you need to realise he has just as much right to see him as you do."

Juliet wanted to make this clear, yet she was also aware that it wouldn't be easy.

"It's fucking ridiculous." Matt rolled his eyes yet trying to prevent himself from getting too aggravated.

"No it's not. He's been in Hunter's life for a long time now, it's stability for him. You haven't Matt and you know that." Juliet stressed, wanting to get this point across.

Dylan had acted like a father figure for Hunter for so long now, that it wasn't fair to take that right from him. Hunter had got used to having Dylan around twenty-four seven so no matter what happened between Juliet and him, she wanted Dylan to remain in her son's life.

"So what? He get's to see him and I don't?"

"No, I didn't say that."

It was frustrating talking about things like this with Matt because he always got so defensive. He would jump to the worst conclusion without letting her speak and it always just ended up in arguments.

Matt wasn't good at negotiating and it was a trait that came with being a gang member. He was always so used to getting what he wanted, so times like this, he always struggled to deal with.

"It just means you'll have to share time. I want you to realise that."

"Okay, fine. We'll do that." Matt responded, trying to shrug the conversation off before he let his anger get the better of him. He didn't want to cause arguments that would ruin what he had initiated this conversation for, so he had to make some sacrifices.

Juliet could tell that Matt didn't sound that pleased but it was an agreement and she had to work with it. She needed to do things as fairly as possible so it would reduce the arguments that were caused among the three of them and this was the only way.

"So you and Dylan are officially over now?"

Matt's question had Juliet a little curious.

"Yeah..." She trailed off, trying to judge his reaction but she was struggling.

"So you're back on the market?" He teased, trying to bring light to the situation but Juliet didn't give him the response that he was expecting.

"Technically, yeah."

"Do you plan on seeing anyone?"

Matt's next question was enough evidence for Juliet to figure out where he was going with this. She could have been mistaken but she was more than sure he was hinting at something and it had a lot to do with the kiss they had shared. But it was worrying because it was the kiss that had ended both of their relationships.