Chapter 80

Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday old man!" Sophie's voice suddenly awoke Aaron as her body landed on top of his.

Refusing to open his eyes and instead remaining in his sleeping state for a little bit longer, he dropped his arm over his eyes.

"Nah ah, no you don't!" Sophie took hold of his hand and pulled it from his face. "Wake up! It's your birthday!"

Sophie's over excitement was not shared by Aaron at this time of the morning. This girl loved birthdays. It didn't matter whose it was; whether it was her own or someone else's, she just absolutely loved celebrating them. Therefore, she was always the child of them both to wake up at stupid o' clock in the morning to start the celebrations and make the most of the day.

"Just five more minutes." Aaron grumbled but she wasn't having any of it.

Straddling her legs either side of his body, she placed her hands both sides of his face and pressed into his cheeks.

"You need to get up! You've got to make the most of the big three, zero."

It was Aaron's 30th birthday, as everyone felt the need to continue to remind him. It wasn't that he was tempted to cry about turning 30, he just wasn't ready to jump for joy over it either.

It was a weird feeling; like you were starting a completely new part of your life and as much as it could be exciting, it was a little nerve racking too.

"Babe..." Aaron groaned as he attempted to pull Sophie down beside him. He thought if he could get her comfortable enough, she would allow him those extra five minutes.

"Phoebe is going to wake any second and we need to go and celebrate!" Sophie persisted causing Aaron to laugh.

"Can't we just celebrate in bed... at least until she wakes up."

Sophie raised her brows in a challenging manner before leaning down to press her lips to his. His hands travelled up her back as hers found his neck. Although she had been persistent to get up and downstairs to make a start on his birthday, Sophie was happy to make a few changes and the pair had then made the most of the time they had before their daughter woke instead.

*

Once Phoebe had woken up and Aaron had opened his cards and presents, the three of them had spent the morning in the kitchen preparing a huge breakfast for them all. While Sophie and Phoebe were doing their best to try to help, Aaron was most definitely taking charge and as usual showing off his chef life skills.

Then once the breakfast had been consumed, with them eating more than they thought was physically possible, Aaron had unfortunately for him, had to go off to work for the day. Although Sophie acted disappointed for him and sad that she couldn't spend his birthday with him, she had secretly been the one to organise it.

She had asked Jack to make Aaron go into work as she had planned to spend the day putting together the surprise party she had been organising for him. She had both her family and Aaron's family down from Bournemouth helping and she needed him at work and out of the way for it all to work.

She had been nervous at first about having both of their families all in one place to help set up as it was the first time they had all met. She wasn't necessarily worried about her dad as he was so down to earth that he would get on with anyone, her siblings included however, it was her mum she had worried about more. Aaron's family were so relaxed yet her mum was so uptight and could come across a little intimidating so she wasn't sure how it was going to go down.

However, she had worried unnecessarily because it had gone much smoother than she thought. Estee was clearly in a good mood because she had been full of hugs and conversations all day and was actually getting on with Richelle pretty well.