Chapter 43

"The world's best dad is home!" Jack shouted as he walked into the house, throwing his keys on the side before making his way into the kitchen.

His senses were overwhelmed with Jess' cooking so he knew it was the kids' dinner time. That also meant that he was in fact late home as he expected after being annoyingly stopped by Ashley who showed up at the garage as he was closing up.

"Daddy!" Voices were called as Jack walked through the door and while the three girls stuck to the rule of not leaving the table while they were eating, Harvey being a little more daring, broke it.

Jumping up from his seat he ran over to Jack and collapsed into his arms.

"Ay, little man!" Jack lifted him up off his feet, scruffing his hair before looking over to Jess who was looking at him with a teasing glare. "Better go finish your dinner." He chuckled, placing Harvey back in his seat.

Making his way to each of his daughters, he placed kisses to all of their heads before making his way over to Jess.

"Hi, baby." He breathed, wrapping his arms around her and pressing his lips to hers.

"Hi." She mumbled against his lips as her own hands trailed around his neck. "Good day?"

Nodding his head, Jack didn't give a verbal response as he was more engrossed in the kiss. Working all day and not seeing her for over 10 hours, still gave him that intense longing feeling that he got when they first became a couple. The feelings never changed or reduced.

"Was it busy? You were late..." Jess went onto ask in between kisses as Jack finally broke the embrace.

"Yeah, pretty busy." Jack vaguely answered her question as he then leaned back against the kitchen side and pulled Jess into him. "We need to talk about something real quick."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He grinned at her nervous expression.

He wasn't sure how she was going to respond to what he was about to say but due to his own excitement he had a feeling regardless of what it could mean, wouldn't matter.

Jess didn't say anything after that as she just looked at him and awaited further explanation. Her hands were placed on his arms as she leaned into him, running them up and down over his tattooed skin.

"Do you remember a few years back when I had the opportunity to expand the business but timing wasn't right?"

"Yeah." Jess nodded.

"Well-" Jack began before Addie's voice was heard.

"Mummy!" She shouted causing both of them to turn around. "Pudding?!" She half questioned and half demanded.

"In a second, baby." Jack replied for Jess, eagerly trying to continue with his news.

"Please." She insisted, clearly not prepared to be patient.

"Have you eaten all your dinner?" Jack asked with raised eyebrows while with a teasing grin causing Addie to replicate it with a guilty one too as she shook her head.

"Finish it off then, babe, and I'll give you all the chocolate you want!" Jack grinned causing Jess to roll her eyes laughing.

Once Addie had finally decided to agree to her dad's deal, Jack was able to turn back and give Jess all of his attention.

"Right so to cut a long story short, my brothers friend who lives in Cambridge is leaving the country and wants to sell his garage. I know I put the expansion on pause before but with this opportunity it would be stupid to turn it down." Jack began to explain. "I thought I could buy it, do it up and open business there too."