Chapter 79

"Nice house." Jazmine remarked as she walked inside, touching everything she passed.

She was walking with such poise and control as her body was heightened by the extreme heels she had on her feet. Her tight jeans clung to her legs and her dark hair flowed down the back of a leather jacket that was hugging her upper body.

"Maybe I should have held onto Jack after sleeping with him many years ago."

Her sarcastic response was not appreciated by Jess but she chose to ignore it. She knew her sister would do anything to get to her and it was best not to give her the satisfaction. So leading her through to the living room where Jack was waiting, Jess took a seat on the sofa while Jazmine just stood and watched them both.

"Well, is anyone going to say anything? What did you want me here for?" Jazmine voiced as she folded her arms across her chest.

"It's about Kian." Jack replied with a calm tone yet on the inside, he was consumed by frustration. "I want a DNA test."

A small smile crept up on Jazmine's face before she began to chuckle. Her previous crossed arms were then spread out either side of her.

"Sure. If you want a DNA test, I'll give you one." She replied so calmly as if it was nothing. "But he is most definitely your son."

"How the hell am I supposed to trust you? We've been through this once before."

"True." Jazmine nodded her head before pulling out her phone. Flicking through a number of photos she had on there, she got one up of Kian before holding it out towards Jack. "See. He looks just like you now he's older."

Reaching out to take the phone from her, Jack focused his full attention on the photo in front of him. Kian was sat on a bench by the beach with a football tucked under his arm. He was smiling in the photo and it was difficult to dismiss the resemblance.

"He also looks like Harvey... but that's understandable." Jazmine continued, raising her eyebrows in a smug manner. "Same dad with mum's that are sisters... it was bound to happen."

There were a few moments of silence while Jack examined the photo of the boy in front of him while avoiding Jess' eye contact. He knew this was difficult for her as much as it was for him and it didn't help that Jazmine enjoyed forcing it in her face. Jess cared about Kian and didn't like how she constantly used the innocent boy to cause trouble, just for fun.

"I just want a DNA test, Jazmine." Jack firmly spoke as he passed the phone back over to her.

He was consumed with hurt and guilt just looking at the boy in the photo. He was terrified of what this all could mean if he was the father as he hadn't been in his life. He was scared that Kian would blame him and hate him for it, unknown of what had actually gone on.

"Okay, okay." She held her hands up as a sign of surrender. "A DNA test is what you shall get."

Nodding his head, Jack trailed his hand down the length of Jess' arm until his own hand connected with hers. He squeezed it through reassurance and felt her mirror his action in return.

"Where is he now?" He asked Jazmine and she removed her gaze from their hands back to Jack's face.

"Ah, this leads me onto something important that I think you'll want to know." Jazmine suddenly looked alerted by what he had just asked as she began to pace back and forth in front of them.

"I heard you were planning on joining the gang Jess." Jazmine turned her attention to her sister, who had previously been hoping she wouldn't have to have a conversation with her. "Because of what I said about Kian being in danger."