Chapter 1

1 month later -

"Close your eyes." Jack ordered as he guided Jess through the house.

They had been living here for just over a month now and were gradually making their way throughout to decorate and turn it into their own.

However, half way through decorating today, Jack came rushing to Jess' side with pure excitement over him when they had received a certain piece of post through the door.

After rushing off to examine it himself, he soon returned and began demanding that Jess close her eyes so he could present whatever it was to her.

She didn't have a clue what she was going to be faced with but with the excitement in Jack rising to an extreme, she knew she couldn't question it and just had to let him lead the way.

As they made their way throughout the house, it wasn't until they had walked to the far end that he finally let her open her eyes.

To begin with, all she was faced with was the huge extension that had seemed unnecessary when they first purchased this house. It was the additional space that Jack was adamant that they needed but Jess hadn't quite understood why.

"Am I missing something here? I've seen this place many times Jack." Jess began to laugh.

"No, not that. This!" Jack then directed Jess' attention over to a large piece of paper that had been sprawled across a spare table.

Following him over to take a closer look, it was then Jess was presented with something that she still wasn't quite following.

"What is this?" She asked and Jack looked more than happy to explain.

"Plans! They're plans for this room." He began, having to contain himself from jumping up and down like a child. "This is what I've been working on over the past few weeks; it's what this place is going to look like."

Even though she still wasn't fully following along, Jack's smile was contagious and very quickly passed onto Jess as she looked down to the plans. Skimming her eyes over them, she did slowly begin to make them out but it just added to the confusion more.

"Offices?" She asked with a frown across her face.

"Well... kind of, more like one huge one." Jack nodded before picking the large piece of paper up and holding it towards the wall. "Look, this door will be here and we're going to knock this wall down so it's all open planned and..." Jack then went onto explain, pure excitement and proudness in his voice as he did so, not missing out a single detail.

"It sounds incredible Jack." Jess beamed back at him, yet felt like she was desperately missing some information here. "But why do we need a huge office?"

"Okay..." Jack said as though he was building himself up for what he was about to say. "This is going to sound crazy and you don't have to feel obliged to do any of this but it was just an idea."

"Just tell me." Jess urged, laughing at how flustered he was getting.

"Right, the business." He stated, causing Jess to nod her head. "It's a family thing, run by Lawrence's for generations but it was never just the men."

Jack was struggling to get his words out because the excitement over him was becoming too much. Jess was worried she was going to have to calm him down as she did with her children if he carried on this way.

"My mum has been a part of it for years and my nan used to be too. It's a family thing and that's how it should always be." He continued. "So I thought... and you can say no, but I thought that you could be a part of it too. You're a part of this family Jess and what you have to say matters to me. I want you to help run the business, I want you to have a say in what goes on because you're a Lawrence and that business is all yours too."