Chapter 62

Managing to pull herself together, Sophie didn't have time to squeeze back into the tight dress she previously had on and instead grabbed one of his shirts draped across a chair and pulled it over her body.

She'd then wasted no time in calling Kaia consistently until she answered and got her over to watch Phoebe in a matter of seconds. Then charging downstairs, she grabbed some shoes and her keys and ran out into the cold night, her legs feeling the bitterness and beginning to regret not putting more on.

After getting into her car, Sophie followed where Aaron had headed and frustratingly ended up at the club she had just left. It filled her with even more regret due to her choice of clothing (or lack of for that matter).

She knew with it being a Friday night, it was very likely many of the garage guys and others were here for drinks. However, due to the desperation of the situation, she charged in after him.

Walking past the many individuals looking back at her with gawping eyes or looking at her as though she was insane, she ignored them until she was suddenly faced with the garage guys.

Their eyes travelled from her face straight down to her body before smirking and just as Alex was about to make a teasing comment, she stopped him.

"Don't say a fucking word." She bit, pointing at him in warning and he began to laugh.

"Nice shirt, Soph." Corey wasn't so good at doing as he was told and instead was happy to make his comment. "Looks like someone is doing the walk of shame a little early! It's not even 6am yet, I thought that's when you usually dashed off."

"Shut the hell up. Where is Aaron?" She bit, trying to ignore his comment and before anyone had chance to answer he was making his way over to her.

Taking her hand, he urged her away from the guys and behind him, shielding her body with his own.

"What the fuck, Soph?" He threw his arms out as the guys continued to find the whole situation amusing.

"Can we please just go home?" She stressed, desperately trying to get through to him.

"Could you not have put on some more fucking clothes? You can pretty much see your arse."

As Aaron was yet again trying to shield Sophie from the gawping guys behind him, knowing they would be have a field day, Sophie was desperately trying not to laugh, knowing it could potentially make things worse.

"I was in a rush." She began before the smile she was trying so hard to force away, crept up on her.

Aaron was trying so hard to fight his own amusement, with his feelings being a complete mess he didn't exactly know which to attend to.

"I'm sorry." Sophie's hand then found his cheek. "I'm sorry for fucking things up and probably ruining the trust you were finally getting in marriage. But please don't take this away."

Sophie was referring to the now empty spot on her finger, which had previously held the ring. It was heart-breaking knowing that what had previously held such a meaningful symbol, providing hope alongside love between the both of them, was so quickly taken away.

"I get that this isn't something you're just going to shrug off but please just come home."

Sophie was close to begging at this point. The thought of Aaron walking out on her for good made her feel physically sick.

The pair of them had been through a lot together since being in a relationship but it did not pull away the love they shared. It seemed to make it stronger each time.

"I just need a night with the guys, Soph." Aaron's body was tense as he tried to stress this to her.

He didn't know how to cope with how he was feeling so this seemed like the best way.

Looking back up at him, trying to ignore the fact the guys were clearly aware of what had happened, her eyes caught sight of some people in the distance.

Glimpsing around Aaron she saw Elliot and Erika on their way back over to their hen and stag do's that were still recklessly downing drink after drink.

Quickly pulling her eyes away from them in hope not to draw Aaron's attention where it didn't need to be, it was too late and he began to turn his head to see what she had been looking at. Swiftly cupping his face with both of her hands, Sophie desperately tried to get him to turn around and look at her but he pulled away.

Then when he attempted to walk over to them, his fists and jaw clenching, Sophie grabbed hold of his hand.

"Don't." She warned. "Please, don't."

But once Sophie had Aaron's attention back on her and away from whatever crazy idea was going through his mind, hers was on Erika who had looked their way.

Once their eyes had met, she wasted no time in charging over to where they were stood and once Elliot had noticed, he began rushing after her.

However, the events that played out after that happened too quickly to stop because Erika's hand was raised and came into contact with Sophie's cheek. There were a few seconds where no one said or did anything; all in shock at what had just played out.

It wasn't until Sophie's body reacted to the sting of her cheek before she actually reacted and as she began to force herself forward, Aaron caught hold of her waist, pulling her back. It didn't prevent her from struggling in his arms though, the mixture of shock and anger, alongside the alcohol within her making her act irrationally.

"That's for trying to make out with my fiancé." Erika bit. "But also for coming in between every single relationship I've ever had."

"Is that what he told you? That I wanted to kiss him?" Sophie spat back, pulling against Aaron's hands that were holding onto her but he wasn't going to let her go, knowing exactly what would happen.

"Just stay away from me... from us." Erika continued, taking another step forward towards Sophie in warning and holding her gaze for a few moments, she finally turned around and began walking away.

...

Aaron was still holding Sophie's body to his once they both had left; scared to let her go in case she took the opportunity to charge after them. He could tell she was absolutely fuming and knew that was not a safe time to let her go running after her ex-husband and his fiancée while drunk.

"I didn't kiss him." She bit, unsure if she was trying to announce it to all of the guys who had just watched the whole thing or Aaron.

Ignoring her comment, Aaron turned her in his arms and ran a hand down her now red cheek.

"We can't stay here... you need to put some more clothes on."

Biting down on her lip, Sophie was about to answer before an overpowering voice of Ashley was heard in the distance.

"SHIT, Jack! Isn't that your wife?!" 

*

:)