Chapter 19

"Where is he now?" Jess asked in reference to Dylan as her and Juliet took seats on her sofa.

Juliet had come over to Jack and Jess' for a catch up with Jess and to more specifically find out if she had heard from Jay. However, their conversation had begun with a continuous list of complaints for Juliet regarding Dylan.

"With the boys." Juliet shrugged. "We spoke briefly this morning about everything but I just feel like we're having the same argument over and over."

"You're both stressed; you're going to argue over pointless stuff. Just focus on the pregnancy and try not to let the petty things get to you."

Jess understood how intense things could feel this far on in the pregnancy; you would start to put all sorts of pressure on yourself to create the perfect environment for your baby. However, the 'perfect environment' wasn't always possible and you just had to accept that.

She knew Juliet and Dylan's arguments went a little further than petty as they had been dealing with the Matt and Abbie stress but the same advice applied.

"Yeah, I know. I just don't want to be arguing when the baby is born. Things are going to be crazy enough."

"All of the arguments will be forgotten the moment you start screaming about the fact you need to go to the hospital." Jess reassured and Juliet hoped she was right.

Even though herself and Dylan kept trying to talk things through, they never came to an agreement. Dylan was too stubborn and didn't see how what he had done was wrong and no matter how much Juliet tried to make him realise it, he wouldn't accept it.

"Other than the arguments, is everything else okay? Are you prepared for the birth?"

Juliet hadn't had a baby in a while, so the whole process wasn't quite as fresh in her mind as it was for Jess. That meant she was extremely nervous about the whole thing. She always feared the what ifs and the whole aspect of giving birth but once it was all over, all previous worries seemed to be forgotten.

"Kind of... I mean, the apartment is ready but mentally I'm a mess." She laughed.

"You'll be okay." Jess grinned, not seeing anything but excitement over the whole thing.

As much as giving birth wasn't the part most people jumped for joy about, she had learned to try and enjoy the whole thing as much as she could. With the reminder of what you were going to be presented with at the end, it just made it that bit less of a worry.

"Did you ever find out if it was a boy or girl?"

"No." Juliet began shaking her head. "We decided not to. I don't know why but I prefer a surprise. We've just been buying all neutral things."

"What are you going to do if it's a girl? It will be a whole new experience for you."

Juliet had been so used to bringing boys up into the world so a girl would, as Jess had pointed out, be completely new for her. Herself and Dylan had been back and forwards on what they were hoping and it had fallen into the typical, Juliet wanting a girl and Dylan a boy.

Dylan had grown up around a very female orientated family so he was trying to fight against that gene and bring as many boys into the family as possible.

"It will be new but amazing. I mean, I will definitely enjoy going out and shopping for little girl clothes for once instead!"

"Well forget the nerves of the birth then and just look forward to finding out what you are having." Jess put some reassurance into her.

Juliet hoped that once they got closer to her due date and once the thoughts of the previous few weeks with Matt and Abbie had settled down that she and Dylan would be back to normal. She knew it was stressful and she understood why Dylan had avoided the situation. However, that didn't make it okay.