Chapter 114

(part 2)

"Fuck!" A curse was heard from a familiar voice causing everyone to follow the sound.

Cole's body was hunched over as he clung onto his arm that was seeping with blood. While Drew's bullet had completely missed his target due to his stumble, Liam had managed to shoot Cole right in the arm.

There was no evidence to prove if he was aiming for Cole or if it had been Jay, he had been after but either way, they had still been successful.

"You fucking idiot." Matt instantly charged at Liam as Lara managed to follow suit.

While Matt attempted to hold him hostage, Lara went for his gun and as this was playing out between the three of them, Jay looked to his brother before back at Drew who had a cocky expression over his face.

"Nice shot, huh?" He remarked before holding his gun up once again. "My turn now."

Just as Drew was preparing to take his shot, Beth suddenly appeared in the doorway from inside. While the whole scene had been playing out, she had managed to sneak back in and take possession of her own gun.

"Or maybe I should take one?" She smirked, causing Drew to turn around and catch sight of it.

While Drew's attention was on Beth, Jay quickly turned to the girls who were sat with complete stunned expressions on their faces. They looked absolutely terrified.

"You need to get out of here." He ordered, while not even wanting to look at Lauren. "Naomi, go with Cole. Get that sorted."

Naomi had her arms wrapped around Cole while she tried to sooth some of the pain away but it wasn't helping. He was not approving of her patronising voice and it had instead just turned into a shouting match that Jay had managed to bring a quick end to.

"Juliet, go with them. Go home, take Lauren with you."

It was in that moment that Jay looked to the blonde who was looking helplessly back at him. She didn't know what was going on yet she could see this wasn't such a surprise to Jay and that made it even worse.

"What the-" She began to say, yet stopped when her voice failed her.

"Let's go." Juliet began trying to urge her out the back gate with Cole and Naomi before they rushed off without them.

"I'm so sorry." Jay then cupped her face before pressing his lips to hers. "I'll explain everything. You just need to get out of here."

As Jay dropped his hand, Lauren reached out for it.

"Don't." Her voice came out as more of a plead. "You need to come with us."

Lauren didn't understand why Jay was rushing them off yet prepared to stay in this scene instead of escaping it. It didn't make sense to her why he wasn't running for his life and she really needed him with her.

"I will, soon." Jay replied because he didn't know what else to say.

Things were getting out of hand behind him and he didn't have time to give an explanation. He just needed them off to safety.

"I promise." He added when he saw the fear on her face.

He had never felt guilt like this before. He felt absolutely sick.

Jay couldn't help but think that he had just made the biggest mistake of his life. Lauren had been out living her life in complete safety before she met him, yet now she had been instantly thrown into danger, unknowing to what she was getting herself into when she first met Jay.

"Just come with us." She continued to stress and it took one look at Juliet from Jay, for her to start physically pulling her out.

"Come on, we need to go." Juliet urged as they made their way to the back gate.

Then, as they were finally outside of it, Jay started to pull back his hand from Lauren's hold, right until their fingertips were no longer touching. As Lauren's hand fell back down to her side, Jay tried to block out the frightened and saddened look on her face and shut the gate behind them.

Taking a deep breath, he then turned back around to see what he was dealing with.

**

:)(: