Chapter 121

An hour later.

As Jay put his car into drive and began heading for the warehouse, a crazy amount of emotions were erupting inside of him. After Brent, Joe and George had showed up at the house and insisted they were going to help take Buddy down, everything had changed for Jay. Previously he had been prepared to work as a gang, as they always did but with the three extra innocents willing to put their lives on the line, he couldn't do it.

Jay couldn't believe that they had been willing to join when they knew the consequences. His heart had felt heavy with not only gratitude but also guilt at the thought of it all.

He couldn't allow them or any of the gang to get hurt from this and knew he had to go about it another way. Jay knew that with Brent's warning of losing men in this that, he wouldn't be the one to suffer. Jay knew for a fact that if they went in there as a gang, he would come out alive; he had faith in his own capabilities.

However, he couldn't do that selfishly to the gang. He needed to put them first and not allow any of them to lose their lives from this. He was in charge of this gang and therefore, he felt like it was his responsibility to take on Buddy with the consequences that were presented.

Therefore, he had decided to do this himself. He had decided to take on Buddy alone even though he knew what the consequences would be.

30 years in a gang had treated him well yet Jay knew now was a good time to bring it to an end. He wanted to go out on a bang and keep his name remembered even if he was no longer around for people to see and fear.

Jay Gibson had always been one to watch and after tonight, he was sure to be remembered for many years after.

....