Chapter 59

"I bet you didn't think you'd be spending your whole hen do with Elliot!" Juliet laughed as she and Erika had taken seats amongst the whole group.

They had arrived at the same club as the guys not long ago and while Ashley had gone on a manhunt for Jack, these two made their own way to the guys.

"No, definitely not." Erika looked back at her with a pained smile and Juliet could see right through it.

"Are you okay?" She shouted over the music, the thumping speakers making it near impossible to hear one another unless they raised their voices.

"Yeah... I just, I haven't even seen him really. I get that it's his stag do but the guys are all here... I know who he is with."

Erika didn't need to explain, Juliet knew exactly who she was referring to and she couldn't help but feel suddenly protective over Erika.

She knew it was Elliot's stag do too and he should be having fun with the friends he invited, but the one particular person he was obviously with was probably not the best choice.

Sophie knew that too and should have been the bigger person to stand back and not let things get too personal or one on one. Whether or not she was just doing it on a friendly basis, she should have respected Erika a bit more to know it was uncomfortable for her. In addition, the fact that she wasn't made the whole work incident that little bit more suspicious.

"Do you want to go and find him? You two need some time alone together I think." Juliet suggested as she gained a nod from Erika, who seemed pleased enough with the idea.

Both girls then got up from where they were sitting and began pushing through the crowds to try to find Elliot. To begin with, it felt as though it was going to be hopeless; everywhere they looked, they found absolutely no luck. However, after a good twenty minutes of searching, they seemed to be in sight.

As they began making their way over, with Erika trying to keep a smile spread across her face and not let the situation ruin her night, something was happening that wiped it right away.

As they got around the corner, the visible sight of them kissing came into view and a sickening feeling not only rushed over Erika but Juliet too.

At first, they both froze on the spot before Erika turned around and began marching the other way. Watching her go, Juliet didn't know what to do nor say but Erika's mind was very quickly changed as she turned around and began making her way back.

"I knew it!" She bit, throwing her arms out. "I knew it!"

As Erika continued to march over to where they were, now pulled apart, they both stood before them in utter shock with the exact same tension spread across Sophie and Elliot's faces too.

"I knew it!" Erika spat once again. "I knew you still loved him."

Erika was finding it difficult to comprehend what was happening or what to do about it so instead was just throwing words at him that had been consuming her mind.

"I knew you hated me because you wanted him. Did you plan this Sophie? Did you plan to make your move at my hen do? Is that what you planned, just so he wouldn't marry me?"

As Sophie looked back at Erika completely stunned, she waited for Elliot to say something but he didn't. He didn't say a word.

"Are you actually just going to stand there?" Sophie then turned to look at him as she threw her arms out.

Glimpsing at Sophie, he then turned to Erika before making his way over and taking her hands in his.

"I'm sorry- I'm sorry you had to see that." He stumbled on his words and it seemed as though Erika didn't have the slightest problem with Elliot and was shooting daggers at Sophie instead.

"First the job and now this. I've tried with you Sophie but you keep treating me like shit." Erika wiped the tear that was falling from her eye. "Why can't you let Elliot move on and accept that he can love someone else? It doesn't all have to be about you."

Sophie couldn't speak to begin with. Her eyes just moved between the three people stood looking back at her and it was in that moment she knew what she feared would happen, already had.

There were three against one stood before her, a complete switch from what it should have been.

Running her fingers over her own ring that was present on her finger; the beautiful engagement ring that had not long ago been placed on her finger by her boyfriend, she felt as though she was about to cry and wished she'd have stayed with him instead of coming here.

"Are you going to say anything?" Sophie then turned to look at Elliot.

"No, are you going to say anything?" Erika bit back, answering for him while the tears fell down her cheeks.

Her perfect hen do had been completely ruined. The happiness she had been previously feeling at the fast approaching wedding day felt as though it had been crushed.

"You couldn't let him have a tiny bit of happiness? You had to try and drag him straight back into your games, just so you could have control!"

As Elliot ran a hand across Erika's back, his fingers brushing against her waist, Sophie took a deep breath before speaking.

"I've been so understanding since we broke up, Elliot." Her attention was still on him, ignoring the faces of horror and anger she was receiving from Erika and Juliet. "I've tiptoed around you being so fucking sensitive to make sure I didn't hurt you because I knew you still loved me. I knew you hadn't moved on so I made a conscious effort to not shove my happiness in your face."

Elliot was looking back at Sophie as she spoke but he refused to look her in the eyes.

"And now you happily stand there and throw it all back in my face." She threw her arm out through pure emphasis to her point. "You stand there and let me take the shit for your mistake because you're scared of the reaction you're going to get."

Trying to remain calm while she spoke, Sophie continued to ignore the scrutiny she had currently been put under.

"You know why she hates me. You know full well why she can't stand me yet you stand there and don't say anything. Well fuck you, Elliot. Fuck you." Sophie spat, taking them all a bit by surprise as in this moment it was clear she was a step away from losing it.

"You need to accept the fact that I am happy and that I have found a guy I love so fucking much. Yet thanks to you, when this gets back to him I could have lost him, completely."

There was still nothing but silence from Elliot and both Erika and Juliet too. So deciding that this battle was no longer worth fighting, Sophie grabbed her bag and began walking away.

She walked straight past them without even glimpsing their way, while she was watched the whole time.

Once Sophie had gone and completely disappeared out of sight, Erika's tears caused Elliot to pull her straight into his arms, holding her so tightly as her own wrapped around him.

"She still loves him. That's why she can't stand you." Juliet began as she ran her hand soothingly across Erika's back. "She doesn't want him to move on and that's not fair."

***

:) :) :) :))))