Chapter 53

"Look who we found." Estee chorused as she and Phoebe were trying their hardest to hide a figure behind them.

The grin plastered across the two year old's face was priceless as she was obviously enjoying the game of teasing her mum while also excited at who was right behind her.

"It's... Daddy!" Estee finished causing Phoebe to clap her hands together with joy as they both moved out of the way to reveal Aaron.

It took Sophie a moment to process him stood before her considering he very rarely showed up at her work. He always avoided it at all costs due to the state of mind Sophie was usually in while she was here.

She'd always have her work head switched on and it could be extremely intense.

"Surprise!" He chuckled at Sophie's open-mouthed reaction as her body just froze on the spot.

"What the-" She began before cutting herself short when realising it wasn't appropriate with Phoebe in clear ear shot.

Making her way over to him, Sophie threw her arms around his neck as his found her waist and they both embraced one another in a hug.

The few days Aaron had been in Cambridge had been torture for the simple fact that their only contact had been through phone calls or FaceTime. For a couple that craved the physical aspect, the reliance on phones had not been enough.

"You look so fucking hot." Aaron mumbled against Sophie's neck with huge emphasis in his words. "Can you please just ditch work for the day?"

Pulling back so she could press her lips to his, she smiled into the kiss before forcing herself to break away so she could speak.

"I missed you."

"I missed you, too." Aaron was quick to kiss her once again, only allowing Sophie to drop words in when they every so often pulled away.

"We... can go for... lunch... in a minute."

"Mmm... sounds good." Aaron nodded as he was completely ignoring the audience they currently had stood around them. It wasn't until Phoebe's excitable voice was heard as she ran in circles around the waiting room while followed by Estee, that they pulled apart and Aaron actually took notice of them all.

"What's going on? It's like a Brighton reunion in here." He laughed as he looked to Juliet.

Sophie's work in London was usually a place that involved no one she knew from back home however, today seemed to be 'bring them all to work day' because Juliet, Estee, Erika, Aaron and Phoebe all happened to be in the same building at once.

When Aaron got pure silence in return to his joke and extremely offish looking expressions, he finally caught on that something was up.

"Did I interrupt something?" He then went onto ask with unease as he looked between Sophie and Juliet and then Felix who was trying to signal through his hands only, what the issue was.

Following where his attention was being pointed to, Aaron caught sight of Erika sat in Sophie's office.

"What the hell?"

"I'm interviewing her for a job... as my assistant." Sophie replied in the most sarcastic tone alongside the most sarcastic smile.

When Aaron moved his gaze from Sophie to Juliet who was looking absolutely fuming, he realised Erika wasn't the only issue here.

"She applied to work for you?" He tried to clarify, clearly just as confused as Sophie was.

Nodding her head, Sophie was holding back from saying too much because she knew it would all just blow up if she did. Therefore, glimpsing between Juliet and Felix she then took hold of Aaron's arm before she began urging him off to the side.