Chapter 21

8 Months:

"Happy birthday, man! Twenty-eight; you are getting old." One of Aaron's friends teased as he approached a group where some of the guys from the garage were mingling.

Jack had organised a party for Aaron at his and Jess' place to celebrate his birthday and it was good to finally have everyone together.

"Fuck off." He laughed, grabbing a beer off the side.

"So where's your girlfriend? I am still yet to meet her."

"She's just gone to visit her family. She lives in London so doesn't see them much." He responded yet unknown to him that was not where Sophie was.

"Hold up, you're putting effort in to do the whole long distance thing?"

By this point the guys from the garage who were stood there were looking knowingly at Aaron. They knew their relationship and knew that the 'long distance' thing really wasn't an issue as to them, at least they were still getting some time together which usually wasn't easy.

"It's not so bad; I go up there every weekend." Aaron shrugged it off as though it was nothing.

Considering they had gone without seeing each other for months on end, the fact that they were guaranteed to see one another every single weekend was a luxury in their relationship.

"I couldn't do it. It would drive me insane. You're having to stay faithful throughout the week yet with no physical girlfriend there to give you reason to."

"If you saw Sophie Carter you would understand why it's so easy for him to stay faithful." Nate spoke up and Aaron knew if Sophie had have been here she would have bit back at his comment with no hesitation.

Therefore, when he noticed her presence enter the room looking a little flustered, he knew this was not likely to go down well.

"Sorry, I didn't think I'd be that long." She breathed as she wound her arm around Aaron's back as he urged her into a hug.

She'd actually lied and was feeling terrible for it but felt as though she had no other option. She had gone to visit Alissa about the whole adoption situation after something that had happened earlier and ended up bumping into Juliet. From there things had gotten a little awkward and difficult due to the circumstances and there was no doubting the fact that Juliet had her all figured out.

"You're fine, babe." Aaron mumbled in return before pressing his lips to hers.

"Now I understand why you manage to stay faithful, Harris!" His friend spoke up causing Aaron to cringe as he knew what was going to happen.

Sophie's head snapped around to find where the voice was coming from before her eyes met with a guy she had never met before. However, he most definitely had not got off to a good start.

"Why's that?" She asked, her voice short and with very little patience.

She was obviously already not in the best mood and this had just topped it off.

"Well because..." He began to respond, not quite sure what words to use considering it was his friend's girlfriend. "You're hot." He quickly finished avoiding Aaron's eye contact.

However, little did he know Aaron was less worried about what he was saying about Sophie and more worried about what he had just unknowingly started in her.

"So if I wasn't 'hot'-" She mocked. "It would be okay to not be faithful? Girls you don't think are hot can be cheated on?"

Aaron's friend looked a little startled by Sophie's backlash for a moment, clearly not knowing how straightforward and opinionated she was.