Part 3 - an ever growing support system

"Jack, you need to hurry up and get ready. They'll be here any minute." Jess called into the bathroom, where Jack had finally wandered off to.

In his usual manner, waking up early wasn't something he ever enjoyed. With their youngest child now being 13, Jack didn't think he'd ever be forced to wake up early again - with the exception of work, obviously. Unfortunately for him though, today's plans meant he was having to make that effort.

Ellie and Kian were both coming over with their families for the day, before they were heading off to Juliet's for the evening. This visit wasn't a rare occurrence, however it was rare for both Ellie and Kian to show up at the same time. With their new busy lives, their schedules always typically clashed.

"I'm ready!" Was Jack's very unconvincing response as clattering was heard in the bathroom.

"No you're not. There is no way you took a shower and got dressed within 5 minutes. I didn't even hear the water come on!"

As Jess began heading for the bathroom, prepared to catch him in the act, Jack beat her to it. Pushing open the door, he walked into the bedroom in a state she had not been expecting.

"I told you I'm ready!" He sang as he began strutting into the bedroom completely naked; no clothes covering his body.

Jess just stood back, trying to refrain from laughing as he began walking back and forth, as though their room was a catwalk stage. As he reached one side, he would stop and pull a cheesy pose before continuing to walk and repeating it again.

This boy was in his absolute element and although Jess needed him to hurry up, she couldn't help but laugh and appreciate this childish side to him.

"How does it look? I picked it out especially." He grinned while standing right in front of the window.

"Jack! Someone will see you, stop!" Jess exasperated, yet in that moment she was unable to contain her laughter anymore.

"I know they'll appreciate it!" Jack continued before turning around and pulling open the curtains even further.

As he turned back around to look at his wife, he could tell she was trying to stop herself from enjoying this however, it wasn't proving to be successful. Taking a step forward, she made sure her body was barely touching his before reaching around and shutting their curtains.

Then as his hand travelled around her waist, Jess allowed him a moment of glory as she pressed her lips to his. Just as Jack was about to kiss her back, she immediately pulled away and pointed towards the bathroom.

"You need to get ready!"

"I have loads of time." Jack argued as he reached out for Jess' hand this time and urged her into his body once again.

Running her hands up his neck until they were resting either side of Jack's face, Jess was doing everything to prevent herself from giving in. Jack was incredibly good at luring her into things however, right now they had to focus on Ellie and Kian, who were arriving in a matter of five minutes.

"Don't tempt me, Jack Lawrence." Jess warned as she pressed her finger over his lips before pulling out of his arms.

"Alright, alright I'll get ready! But just a heads up, Kian has some big news." Jack replied before heading for the bathroom and closing the door behind him.

"Wait, what?! Jack!"

Jess immediately followed after him, knowing he had shut the door on purpose. He wanted to make her wait in anticipation yet after hearing the word 'big news', that wasn't an option she could fulfil.