Chapter 96

"We need to go out while we're here. I don't care if you dads want to focus on the garage, we won't be working at night!" Alex announced when they arrived at the apartment.

"He has a point. I could do with a night out or two." Aaron smirked as he, Alex and Zaiden then looked hopefully to Jack.

"I'm up for it. Work and play can be mixed together." Jack grinned, slightly excited to be spending some time away with the guys.

He would of course miss his family like crazy but these two weeks were going to be like a backtrack to his teen years, before he started his family. It would just be him and his friends, kind of on a lad's holiday and he most definitely wasn't complaining.

He had his fifth baby on the way and had just found out he had another son; things were going to be extremely hectic when he got home. Therefore, he was most definitely going to make the most of the freedom he had and would not be holding back from the countless nights out.

"So we should start as we mean to go on!" Zaiden clapped his hands. "Let's go out tonight!"

The group of them looked among themselves as if trying to judge one another's reactions. They had all just had a seriously long drive so they were shattered.

"Or we could just have drinks here?" Zaiden laughed when no one matched his previous excitement.

"Better idea." Jack mirrored his laughter, rooting through the fridge to see what alcohol they had already been supplied with.

They had rented an apartment in the city instead of booking hotel rooms each and it meant they could spend the whole 2 weeks in one another's company and try not to drive each other crazy. They hadn't done something like this since they were back at school so it most definitely was going to be a huge test.

"We're going to need this to get us through tomorrow. How the fuck are we going to put a garage together alone?" Alex laughed, with very little faith in their abilities.

When they had done up the garage in Brighton, it had taken every single employee and it had taken weeks. This time around, they had a week and four of them; it was most definitely going to be a task.

"I think we're going to do a fucking amazing job." Aaron laughed as he took the beer that was passed his way.

"No you and Lawrence are just happy to have a break from your hormonal, pregnant girls." Alex mocked and speaking of which, Jack's laptop begun buzzing from the corner of the room signalling a Skype call.

"It's Jess. I've got to take this." Jack instantly grabbed hold of his laptop and began making his way out of the room.

"Nah Lawrence! This is a lad's night. No wives included." Zaiden called out causing them to laugh.

"Two minutes. I'll be back." He smirked proving that he knew he would be much longer than just 2 minutes.

"Hey baby." Jack said the moment he accepted the call and Jess' face appeared on his screen.

"Hey." She smiled back yet her voice was quiet and unsure, something Jack picked up on immediately.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah!." She nodded, trying to hide what was obvious. "How is the apartment?"

"What's wrong Jess?" Jack ignored her question and got right to the point.

He could see it in her eyes and hear it in the way she spoke. Something was seriously off.

"Nothing. Why?" She began to shake her head but she knew she couldn't hide it. It was the reason she had called but she had very quickly chickened out from speaking up.