Chapter 75

It was a few days after Louise had returned home from hospital and they had all spent the evening at Jack's parents with a takeout. While the kids were playing in the kitchen with Lousie and Dan, Jess and Jack took the opportunity to finally sit down and talk in the living room.

After they had been confronted with the bombshell about Kian, they had not had time to speak and instead only had time to overthink everything in their own minds. It was something they had not been expecting and neither of them really knew what to make of the situation due to the shock. However, they knew that they couldn't avoid discussing it for much longer as it was only going to cause tension among them, which was something they could most certainly do without.

"What are you going to do?" Jess asked because it was the easiest way for her to phrase the question.

She could have pottered nicely around the question before jumping to the main one but it would only waste time.

"I'm going to take the DNA test and then we'll see what happens from there." Jack looked cautiously back at her.

This whole situation had been a whirlwind and like the past was repeating itself. Jack couldn't trust Jazmine after all the lies she continued to tell and the fact that this had happened once before. He had built up a relationship with Kian only for it to be teared down and it wasn't fair for him to be messed around again. This little boy had been given a rough start in life and Jack didn't want to contribute to that.

"How do you feel?" Jess replied, with a whispering tone to her voice, finding this an extremely difficult conversation to have.

"No, how do you feel?" Jack posed his own question knowing even though this whole thing was torture for him; it had to be just as bad for Jess.

That was her sister's son, her nephew and he could potentially be her husband's son too. It was such a messy situation to be in.

"It makes me feel completely sick, if I'm honest." Jess began, knowing that holding back from him wasn't going to make it any better. He wanted the truth. "Ellie was our first child together... we both shared that experience and now that could be taken away from us."

If Kian did turn out to be Jack's son then he would have been a father before he even realised it. While he was eighteen and enjoying his life as practically still a child, he was a dad too yet completely unknowing.

"And the fact that it's with my sister makes it even harder. However, I also know that Kian doesn't deserve any of this. He doesn't deserve everything he has been through and everything that he is going to go through. He's just an innocent little boy." Jess was beginning to shake as she spoke, proving this situation had gotten to her more than she had let on and also in a different way than she had originally let on too. "Jazmine is still fully involved in the gang and if Kian is still in her care who knows what could happen to him? I don't know what the fuck is going on with the gang but from what she said, it doesn't sound great and he can't get dragged into it."

Jess still didn't know where Kian was at this moment in time but she had all hope he was still with Carly, one of Jazmine's friends. With the life Jazmine lead for herself it meant that she was constantly wanted and gangs from all over would not stop until they got her. That would also mean that Kian wasn't safe... he never would be and that wasn't fair.

"You think Kian is in danger?" Jack asked with full on concern in his voice.

"He could be and I can't sit back and do nothing when I am capable of doing more to stop it."

Jess' response had Jack confused. He didn't know where she was going with this but he instantly did not like it.

"What do you mean?"