Chapter 90

"You'll have to wait outside, okay?" Juliet turned to Matt with warning eyes, causing him to laugh.

"What? Why?"

"Because." Was the only response he was given as Juliet unlocked her front door.

While she had been out and about running some errands, the pair of them had bumped into one another and exchanged some small talk before Matt had asked to see Hunter. He and Juliet had still been keeping in touch since the incident outside the court but it was a strange situation to be involved in.

Although Juliet did understand that him asking to see Hunter was a bit out of the blue and unplanned, she agreed after being so thankful that the court case was called off. Therefore, Matt had followed Juliet home in his car in hope that Dylan would accept the last minute decision.

After everything that had happened with Matt and his fatherly duties and his lack of involvement in Hunter's life for a while, Dylan had become one of his guardians. It hadn't stripped Matt's title as his father but it did mean, he was now officially under Dylan's care meaning his opinion had to be valued whether Matt liked it or not.

"I'll be a minute." Juliet gave him a brief smile before walking into the house and calling out a quick hello.

She had expected to have a group of children come running towards her, followed by Dylan poking his head around the living room door but that did not happen.

Instead, there was just complete silence causing an extreme amount of unease to fall over her.

"Dylan?" She called yet again, testing to see if she had just been unheard but she got nothing.

Walking past their bedroom, there was an overwhelming sense of confusion flowing through her. Something looked out of place but she could pinpoint what it was.

Deciding to ignore it, she headed for the living room where a note sat on the coffee table, grasping all of her attention.

Cautiously making her way over to it, she delicately took the note in her hand as if it was going to break before taking a seat.

...

Juliet,

I can't believe I'm actually having to write this. My heart is completely broken. I waited it out for a while to see if things would turn around and you would confess the truth but you didn't and that is why I needed to do this.

I saw you and Matt kissing outside the court. I saw everything.

I could waste time writing how hurt I was that you would be unfaithful because obviously, I was... but do you know what hurt the most?

It hurt that after it happened you didn't say anything. I gave you so many chances to fess up and take responsibility of your actions but you never did. Instead, you were happy to carry on as if everything was okay between us when you knew that you had cheated on me. That's what hurt. It disappointed me so much.

I was so sure you were not that type of girl. You had such strong views on cheats and actions carried out by people close to you (not that I'm mentioning names), so I couldn't believe you did it to me.

What changed? Why did you suddenly change into the type of person who would be unfaithful? That's not the woman I proposed to. She could never be so heartless.

I loved you so much and did everything to ensure you were happy so I'm absolutely heartbroken that it's come to this.

Before I end this letter with what you can expect is coming, I just want to clear something up.

If you look at the photo placed on the table, I'm sure you can remember that one from a while back right?

Juliet glimpsed over at the table where a photo of Dylan and that familiar face appeared. It was the girl she had been adamant he was cheating on her with. The girl that Erika had helped lead her to believe he had been unfaithful.

I never did anything with that girl, I never cheated. She was a good friend of mine and do you know why I spent so much time with her while I was home?

Well, she is a wedding planner. She specialises in all things wedding related and she was helping me out. I was trying to pull together a few surprises for us for when that big day finally arrived. I was doing that because I loved you.

Anyway, if you're reading this alone and confused where the kids are too, they are with me. I'm taking them back to see my family for a day or two, they really missed them.

I'll bring them back in a few days and from there we can discuss joint custody. Unfortunately, we can't be in each other's life anymore as you took things a step too far but I don't want to lose my children.

I hope you are happy with Matt this time if that is how it goes or happy with anyone else you find.

I'm sorry it couldn't work out with us.

Dylan.

...

As Juliet finished reading the letter, she was suddenly overwhelmed with a sense of confusion and sadness. How had she been so stupid to think he didn't know? How had she been so stupid to try and keep it a secret or not say anything to him?

She should have caught on the moment he had been acting strange at the wedding. She should have confessed long before it got so out of hand but now it was too late. He was gone. He had made his decision and left.

"Is everything okay?" Matt's voice was heard as he entered the living room, clearly concerned at what was taking her so long.

Juliet was unable to say anything as she just looked across at Matt with tears in her eyes.

How had her life gotten so out of hand?

**