Chapter 46

It was about an hour later when there was the awaited buzz up to Sophie's apartment, where Felix alongside two other expected removal guys had arrived.

There were two spare rooms in this apartment and Sophie wanted to make one of them into Phoebe's own to make her feel more at home. However, it currently had a double bed in it so that meant it needed to be taken apart, removed and replaced with another, hence the two strangers also arriving.

"It's me!" Felix sang down the speaker once Sophie had answered. "Alongside two hot guys who know how to break a bed."

Sophie couldn't help but laugh as she knew the cheeky grin that would be spread across his face as he was speaking. She also knew the embarrassment and awkwardness that had probably now crossed the removal guy's faces as they probably didn't know what to say or where to look.

Felix was so open and had very little care in the world about what he said. He would joke around about pretty much anything so unless you had the same sort of humour, some could sometimes find him very overpowering.

Pressing the button to let them up, it didn't take long for Felix and the two guys to appear causing Phoebe to look cautiously at the men she didn't recognise and take hold of Sophie's outstretched hand.

"The beds just in here." Sophie said to the men as she turned to guide them off.

"Only one at a time though lads, she's not that sort of girl." Felix remarked causing the men to laugh as Sophie turned and gave him daggers.

"Do you want us to put up the new one too? It's got a lot of parts and screws and all that." They then recovered the new awkwardness hanging between them, as no one knew what to say.

"No, I'm capable of doing it. Thanks though." Was Sophie's unexpected sharp reply.

Even though she knew they were probably just being polite, she also knew if there were a man stood before them instead of her, they wouldn't have even thought to offer the help.

She knew it would be a simple enough task putting up a child's bed and was confident she would manage it just fine on her own. Therefore, it was obvious their offer had not be appreciated in the slightest, especially due to their hidden reasons for asking.

...

"Right while they get to work in there." Felix said with a wink as Sophie walked back into the living room. "I'm going to go and get the rest of Phoebe's stuff."

Sophie had asked Felix if he could nip to a few shops beforehand and get some things to decorate Phoebe's room with. She wanted to do it all up properly one day when she had more time but for now the basics would do for a week and she knew Phoebe would love it regardless.

Due to her past life being so awful she got excited over the smallest of things and it really made Aaron and Sophie appreciate what they had and not take it for granted, realising not everyone could always be so fortunate.

"The rest?!" Sophie looked at him wide eyed as he had already brought a collection of bags up.

"Yeah, I didn't want those guys staring at my arse while I slowly made my way up. I had to keep up speed." Felix said causing Sophie to laugh.

"Oh really? That's sensible thinking." She joked back, loving Felix's lighthearted humour and it being the one thing that always got her through a busy day at work.

Moments later, after Felix had insisted on running up and down the stairs instead of taking the lift, he had finally managed to bring in all of the stuff.

Sophie had given him some money to buy an odd few things as she knew she wouldn't get chance today however, he had gone a step further and dived into his own hard earned cash and brought some extras too.

"Look, Phoebe, look what Felix got you!" Sophie encouraged the two-year-old over to everything after the collection of toys and decorations had been laid out.

Phoebe was in awe, as she looked at all the stuff before her. She was still struggling to take in the constant goods she was provided with since being with Sophie and Aaron as she had been given so many gifts by all of their friends and family when they first brought her home.

She was so overwhelmed by everything as she grinned the cheesiest grin while looking from the toys and then back to Sophie. She looked as though she just wanted to pounce on it all just so she could benefit every little thing all at once.

"I got one more thing." Felix jumped to his feet just as Phoebe had begun investigating and he ran out into the hall of the apartment block.

They both watched on as Felix then re-entered but this time you couldn't see him as he was covered by a giant teddy bear with a huge bow around its neck.

"Oh my God!" Sophie laughed as he walked towards them, tripping over a number of things on the floor and nearly falling straight into the coffee table.

Phoebe was staring up with loving eyes at this huge bear as she excitably began jumping up and down. She quite literally couldn't contain herself as another jump she did ended up being so high that she tumbled to the ground.

"Oops, up you get." Sophie encouraged as she helped Phoebe back to her feet and it didn't take her more than a second to recover.

Looking back to the bear, she was in a complete daze, completely mesmerised by something that some children wouldn't take much care in, due to it not being electrical or beginning with an 'i'.

"I love you!" She then shouted, running towards it and hugging the bear while Felix was still stood behind.

Dropping it to the floor, he then let Phoebe fall straight into it's warmth and giving it the biggest hug ever. She looked so tiny as she was surrounded by a giant ball of fur that looked about five times bigger than her.

"Thank you." Sophie whispered as she looked over to Felix who came and sat beside her.

Seeing the happiness on Phoebe's face after all the tears that previous morning just made her day one hundred times better and it had been thanks to the help of Felix.

Sophie had been secretly worried about this trip because not only was she scared it would all get a little too manic and she wouldn't be able to cope with what she was trying to prove, she was also scared Phoebe wouldn't enjoy it. That was her number one aim now that she had a daughter, not her own happiness, but Phoebe's.

The pair had become inseparable, to the point where the two year old had most definitely been turned into a 'mini me' by Sophie. Aaron continued to joke that one Sophie was enough trouble to handle and he didn't need her turning Phoebe into a second.

But it was still crazy to think that after Sophie had spent so much time telling everyone that she didn't want children and that she wasn't ready, she was now sat here with a daughter that she loved more than anything. She had found this innocent child who had been through absolute hell during the first two years of her life and managed to give her a home and a chance at a better life.

Adoption wasn't something for everyone and it was never an easy process. But both Sophie and Aaron had put in the work to bond with Phoebe and now didn't think of her as anything but their own little girl. They were blessed to have her in their life and even more blessed to know that they had made her incredibly happy from how she had previously been living.

**

Felix is my favourite :))