Chapter 111

*before you read!! - this chapter is written in a summary format as it's the last chapter that will be based on all the Brighton lot. therefore, just prepare yourself for it to jump from scene to scene however, it does all relate to each other so yeah... enjoy!:))))))*

3 Months Later:

Juliet & Dylan.

"This doesn't get any easier." Juliet chuckled as she stood at Dylan's door.

She was dropping the kids off ready to head over to Sophie and Aaron's for the afternoon and they hadn't held back from charging inside the moment they arrived. Herself and Dylan had got themselves into a bit of a routine where they would both take a week each with the kids.

It had been difficult at first, as they both struggled not seeing them for that length of time however, it worked best. It gave the kids a bit more stability and didn't have them feeling confused at what was happening.

"Seven days, let the countdown begin." He teased, knowing Juliet would do exactly that. "But I'm sure it'll go quickly, you have a lot on at the moment right?"

Nodding her head, Juliet knew what he was referring to. She had started her teaching course at university a month or two ago and so far it had all been going incredibly well. It was such a good feeling knowing she was doing something for herself for once instead of feeling pressured to meet to certain stereotypes of their current society.

"I'm proud of you."

"Really?" She grinned, loving hearing those words.

"Yeah. It's good that you're focusing on you. You deserve that."

"Me too." Juliet began, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I guess I just got caught up in my whirlwind life and didn't stop to think how much time was really passing by."

She had been so focused on trying to keep her little family unit perfect that she had forgotten that 'perfect' really wasn't attainable. Instead of reaching the quality she thought was necessary, she had just been falling and falling into a deep trap that seemed like it would be impossible to get out of. However, here she was, finally moving on to bigger things for herself and she had never felt better.

"I don't know if I should really be saying this but I think we both knew we weren't right for each other." Dylan began, taking Juliet a little by surprise.

Things since their breakup had gone surprisingly well and they had managed to build back up the friendship they had lost. Eventually there had been no hard feelings and instead they had both been filled with so much contentment for their current circumstances.

"We were both doing what we thought was right, yet instead ended up being unhappy."

It wasn't that their relationship hadn't been real but it was obvious that true, honest love hadn't been there. They did what felt comfortable and right, they did what they thought was expected of them however, they both just suffered in the end.

It took Juliet's kiss with Matt for Dylan to realise what was truly going on and what both of them were truly feeling and that was why he left the relationship as suddenly as he did.

"Yeah... I know what you mean." Juliet nodded her head. "I needed to focus on myself and not trying to get that 'perfect family unit'."

"Exactly." Dylan agreed. "I guess I was just looking for that too considering we had James."

It seemed as though it had taken their failed relationship for them both to realise what they truly wanted. They had both spent the past few months figuring things out and doing better for themselves and it had all worked out positively in the long run.