Epilogue Part 1

1 year later...

"Do you still need a lift home Erin?" Jack put his head around Ellie's bedroom door, his attention on her bestfriend.

Looking towards Ellie, her face flushed red before she shyly nodded.

"Yes please, if that's okay?"

"Not a problem and El, we'll need to leave in about ten minutes, I have to pick Addie up from Soph's." Jack went on before leaving to urge Mia and Harvey out of the garden and wake Theo from a nap.

"My big sister and her friends fancy your dad. Is that weird?" Erin asked the moment Jack had shut the door.

"Erin!" Ellie stressed looking at her bestfriend with a disgusted expression.

"What?" She laughed taking her eyes from the closing door and back to Ellie.

Ellie pulled a disgusted face in reference to the comment her best friend had made.

"I didn't do anything!" She protested, but with a small smile reaching her lips. "But everyone thinks he's cute..."

"He's also old and MY DAD. That is so gross."

The older girls at their school never made any secret about their teenage crush on Ellie's father. Every time they saw him at the school they would instantly get nervous around him and do nothing but giggle.

For them it was exciting and a bit of fun, but for Ellie it was a nightmare.

"You said he was 31, that's not old Ellie! My dad is in his 40's, that's what you call old!!"

It had always been the same for Ellie, during school her friend's constantly commented on how young her parents were. Considering Jess and Jack had her at such a young age, most of her friend's parents were in their 40's or reaching their 50's, while hers were far from that. It made her stand out for all the good reasons in her fellow students eyes, but to her the comments could be cringe worthy.

"Find someone our own age to fancy and who isn't my dad, p-lease!" She begged, rolling her eyes.

"I don't fancy him! It's my sister." Erin began frantically waving her arms around.

...

Finally getting all the kids in the car a good twenty minutes later, Jack brought the engine to life.

"Yes! Go, go, go!" Harvey shouted, loving the sound the car made.

Chuckling Jack purposely repeated the actions, making the engine roar.

"Right, drop Erin home, pick Addie up and then pick up food to feed you all." Jack listed off. "Dad's jobs of the night when your amazing mum isn't around to help me."

"When is mum going to be home?" Mia leaned forward on her seat so she could see Jack.

"Not until late tonight, she's gone to meet some friends and went straight after work." He explained, not wanting to go into the full details of it in front of them.

"So that's why we're having takeout for dinner?" Ellie looked at Jack expectantly, knowing that was the exact reason.

Glancing at her in the mirror, he grinned.

"Shh, don't tell her. We'll hide the boxes in next doors bins."

"What about Kian, is he coming over?" Harvey asked with a hopeful look on his face.

Kian was at theirs from Friday to Sunday with no fail and today was no exception. The kids had all grown close to him and it was all Jess and Jack could have asked for.