Epilogue Part 4 - Jess and Jack

Jess and Jack

"So what do we need to remember?" Jack asked as all kids sat in the living room patiently waiting for the new arrival.

They all looked among one another for a moment as they tried to remember what had been said.

"To be nice because this will be his home too." Ellie began before Harvey followed swiftly after.

"To play with him lots and beat him on the playstation!"

"Both are good, yeah." Jack chuckled at the comparison to Ellie and Harvey's contribution.

"To let him borrow our dress up clothes." Addie looked confidently to Mia as though she was asking for her agreement, as dress up was something they both took a lot of pride in.

"Yes he can borrow them."

"Just not our favourite ones."

"No." Mia shook her head, as both girls mentally knew which costumes were now going to be guarded with their lives.

"Okay, sounds like a good plan." Jack clapped his hands teasingly, truly taking all of his children's comments seriously even though Ellie's was the only one he was looking for.

"Are you okay?" He then turned to look at Jess who was by his side and then taking her hands, he urged her into him.

Today was a big day for them all as it was the day that their home life was truly going to change. It wasn't exactly a bad change, it was just a change that was going to take some time to get used to.

Jack officially had joint custody of Kian; it had taken a lot of time to finally go through all the legal issues but it had finally happened. Alongside that, Carly and Jack had agreed to split their time with Kian a bit more equally. Instead of him just spending the weekends with Jack and Jess, he was now going to be spending half the week there. He would be with them from Thursday to Sunday afternoon and then with Carly from Sunday afternoon until Wednesday.

Carly was moving some of Kian's stuff in today and a bedroom had been set up for him too. It was definitely going to be a huge change for the family but it also felt like the right thing to do. Kian was Jack's son and he hated the fact he had missed so much of his life growing up and wanted to ensure he made up for lost time. Jack had grown close to him over the past year, as had the kids and Jess therefore, although it was going to be different, it was going to be a good thing.

"Yeah, I'm perfect." Jess smiled as she cupped Jack's face and urged his lips to hers.

Although she was nervous, she was also excited for what was to come. The situation may be messy but it was also beautiful. It was beautiful because they had managed to get past the difficult situations and bring together a family.

Kian had experienced a tough start in life yet now he had a family who loved and cared for him so much.

"Who'd have thought things would ever come to this?" Jack briefly pulled back as he began to chuckle.

"Like what?" Jess questioned as she felt his hand trace her back.

"Six kids when we used to despise the idea of it before Ellie."

Jess was unable to hold back her own laughter as it was so true. Neither of them had wanted this type of lifestyle 12 years ago yet here they were now, living it to the extreme and loving it.

It was never easy and being responsible and entertaining that many children was always a challenge, but they always worked through it. They did it as a family and although they all had their moments of bickering, their love won through it all.

"I wouldn't change it for the world though." Jess mused as she felt Jack's lips on hers once again, then as he pulled away this time he took a step back and began reaching for the bottom of his shirt.

Jess just looked at him in utter confusion as she watched him begin to lift it up.

"What are you doing?" She laughed and his cheeky grin sent butterflies to erupt in her.

"You might think I'm crazy for this but I don't care because I'm set for life now so I should have done it ages ago." He began and he still had her watching him completely baffled while she waited for further explanation.

"I have all the kid's names and it was only right for yours to be on me too."

It was those words that suddenly made everything clear to Jess about where he was going with this.

He was talking about a tattoo.

"No you didn't." Jess began shaking her head, completely consumed with emotions.

Jack was still looking back at her with the cheekiest grin as he lifted up his shirt and also began to laugh when he presented exactly where it was.

Jess' name was written on his hip, just above the waistband of his jeans and the expression on Jack's face was enough to show how amused he was. While the children's names were all beautifully entwined in his arrange of tattoos covering his arms, Jess' name had this unique spot of it's own, a little out of place.

"Oh my God." Jess covered her mouth, as she too was unable to hold back her laughter. "Jack!"

"I would have put it with the kids but I have no more room." He then held out his arms to signal the many tattoos covering them.

"Of course you didn't." Jess grinned as she reached out to trail her finger along it.

"Mmm, I think it looks good."

There was a moment of pure innocence between the two of them as they were full of both amusement but happiness from the gesture. Jack's motivation behind getting the tattoo had been so loving yet he had not been able to hold back his childish and cheeky manner that had always been Jess' favourite thing about him.

"I actually love it, Jack." Jess paid close to the italic lettering before placing her gaze back on him once again.

"Yeah? Not freaked out?"

Smiling, Jess shook her head. For most, inking your skin with the name of the person you were in a relationship with was always risky. It tended to be something people avoided and if they did get it done, they would likely be covering it up a few years later.

However, Jack felt completely different about this whole situation because he and Jess had now been together 12 years. They had been through some tough times but always came back together. They couldn't describe their love in any words that would do it justice. It was too powerful and it was unconditional.

"Not freaked out... it's actually the sweetest thing someone has ever done, Jack."

You could see the appreciation in Jess' eyes as she let herself cuddle into his arms. However, the whole thing was very short lived when there was a knock on the door.

Pressing his lips to her head, Jack pulled away before looking between Jess and the kids.

"Moving in day!" He clapped his hands together as he tried to make it as exciting as possible. "Who wants to answer the door?"

There was immediate shove of hands and shouting from the children as they all tried to get the opportunity to answer to Kian. It even reached the point where they all went charging to the front door anyway, not even taking a second to allow Jack to choose.

"I love you, Jack Lawrence." Jess captured his attention as he was just about to follow after them.

Turning around, he let a smile form across his lips.

"And I love you, Jess Lawrence."

**

There will be a Sophie/Aaron part and a Juliet/Matt part then the story will probably finish on Epilogue Part 5! :)