Epilogue Part 3

"I can't believe this is actually happening." Aaron turned to look at Jack and Zaiden who were stood by his side at the alter.

"You have about 5 minutes to run if you've changed your mind." Zaiden teased causing Jack to laugh while Aaron just rolled his eyes.

The day had finally come that had been long awaited and Aaron was marrying Sophie. If someone would have asked him a few years ago where he would be at the age of 32, he would not have said this. He never saw himself getting married; especially not to Sophie due to their past but it was actually happening.

The amount of joy across his face was evident but his nerves were obvious too. With the crowds gathered in this church, he wanted nothing more than to just block the glaring eyes out.

Aaron wasn't usually the type to get nervous but this whole thing had him on edge. He was about to marry the person he loved more than anything and he was about to make that intimate and meaningful gesture in front of all their family and friends.

"Is it normal to be this nervous?" Aaron turned to Jack as he shuffled back and forth on his feet.

"Completely normal man but the moment you see her, all the nerves will go."

Jack was speaking from experience and he knew exactly how Aaron was feeling. The nerves would be at the forefront right now but when you met eyes with the woman you loved, everything changed.

"Do you have the rings Cam?" Jack grinned, placing a hand on Sophie's 19-year-old brother's shoulder.

Jack was obviously standing as Aaron's best man but Cameron had been given the job of looking after the rings. Aaron wanted him included considering Maisy was a bridesmaid and it seemed to be a job he took on with pride.

"Shit." He pulled a face of panic and while Aaron mimicked it, Jack and Cameron then began to laugh.

"Just kidding."

"Fuck don't do that. You know your sister would have killed me." Aaron laughed and Cameron cheekily nodded knowingly.

...

Jack had been right because the moment everyone was asked to stand, the part Sophie insisted she hated, the nerves vanished from Aaron's body. He watched as she appeared at the end of the aisle, surrounded by her bridesmaids looking more beautiful than ever.

The dress fit her physique perfectly and flowed beautifully down to the floor where Maisy and Phoebe were ensuring it didn't get caught onto anything. Her hair was down with sections pinned back and small flowers were delicately placed throughout.

It was a sight from a fairytale that held Aaron's eyes on Sophie and Sophie only and there was an emotion erupting through him that he hadn't felt before. He was completely mesmerised by her and didn't think it was possible to feel stronger than he did right now.

Then as she walked down the aisle, he could see the vulnerability in her eyes. Sophie who was usually full of so much confidence and surety in herself, actually looked nervous.

As she took those last few steps that brought her closer to Aaron, her dad pulled her in for a hug before pressing his lips to her cheek.

"I love you baby girl." Was his mumbled voice and it was obvious he was trying to stop himself from crying.

As he passed her over to Aaron, the pair shook hands before exchanging a brief yet warming hug.

"Thank you for making her so happy."

Aaron couldn't help but smile at Arlo's comment. Having his approval had always been most important because he knew how much Sophie looked up to her dad. If Arlo didn't like someone she was associating with, chances were that she would listen to him. He was a wise man and also a loving one so it was good to be accepted by someone who meant the world to the woman he loved.

As Aaron took Sophie's hands in his, he caught her grinning gaze as she was trying her hardest to make him laugh. This beautiful moment of silence for most was one that Sophie was trying to add a bit of amusement to, she couldn't help herself.

"Soph." Aaron whispered as he began chuckling before urging her closer so his lips were by her ear. "You look absolutely beautiful."

...

As the ceremony began and vows were ready to be exchanged, a loud screaming was heard from a familiar voice. Sophie and Aaron looked to each other with a knowing chuckle as Kaden was crying at the top of his lungs. His arms were outstretched as he was sat with their families; the fact that he could see his parents yet not get to them was only making him more frustrated.

"Shh baby Kaden." Phoebe's small voice was heard as she placed her finger over her lips. "It's okay. Mummy and daddy need to get married."

Her soothing gesture made everyone smile as even though this whole thing was causing a huge disruption, it showed the reality of such situation. They would have been naive

to think they'd get through the day without something not going according to plan but that was okay.

"Sorry." Sophie chuckled as she turned to the person marrying them who went by the name of Catherine and she smiled and laughed.

"It's not a problem."

Letting go of Aaron's hand, Sophie took Kaden from Aaron's mum's arms and in that moment, he went completely silent.

"Ah now it's all better." Sophie teased, placing a kiss to his head before passing him over to Aaron and then reaching her hand out towards Phoebe.

"Phoeb? Do you want to come up here?"

The little girl looked towards her mum's hand before a huge grin spread across her face. She was walking shyly over to her parents while trying to ignore the variety of faces looking and awing her way. Phoebe had always been timid yet she was beyond proud at the same time to be walking to the centre of this whole thing.

"I think this will work better." Aaron turned to everyone in the room causing them all to laugh.

"Marrying as a family, it's beautiful." Catherine admired as they prepared to start up again. "Are you all ready?"

Looking to Phoebe and Kaden for approval, Sophie and Aaron then looked to each other before nodding.

"More than."

The next few minutes were minutes that changed lives in the most beautiful way. What was once two people loving each other turned into a connection that was meant for a lifetime. This exchange was two people who didn't have a lot of faith in marriage, taking that huge step and trusting one another to hold on tight and make it something amazing.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." Catherine began as Sophie and Aaron gave each other consumed with love. There were nerves, there were happiness and there was so much love that couldn't be put into words.

"And a family of Harris'." Catherine continued as she grinned at Phoebe and Kaden.

In that moment, the love exchanging between the four of them was incredible and they took that opportunity to engage in one huge hug. Not only was this day to join Sophie and Aaron but their family too. Things may not have gone the way it was typically expected but they were still a family and always would be, today felt like it was concreting that.

"And you may now kiss the bride..." Catherine finalised as Phoebe and Kaden were taken from their arms and leaving them free to appreciate the moment.

Aaron reached out to take Sophie's hand, gently guiding her towards him before he ran his thumb down the side of her cheek. Neither of them broke the eye contact as they tried to process the fact that they were officially married, they had finally reached that stage of husband and wife.

"I love you so much." Aaron mumbled before pressing his lips to Sophie, to which a round of applause followed.

Completely ignoring all those surrounding them and watching the moment with adoration, Sophie kissed him back before pulling away briefly.

"I love you so much too." She grinned before pressing her lips to his once more.

**