Chapter 4

5 months later -

It was a Sunday afternoon and surprisingly quiet at the garage with very little work to do. So therefore, when the delivery of three new cars arrived, it caused an over exaggerated amount of excitement among them.

With Jack, Aaron and Corey finding themselves wide eyed and in love with the sight of them, Jack came up with an idea that he thought was gold.

"I think we should take them on a test drive." He grinned, with a whole other meaning to a simple test drive. "Up on that deserted track."

There was a dirt road not far from the garage that no longer had any use. It had previously lead off to a house but it had previously experienced a devastating fire many years back and it never was rebuilt. Therefore, the road was now perfect for those who were learning to drive or in Jack's case, for racing new cars on.

"Fuck yeah." Aaron held his hand out, waiting for Jack to throw him some keys and he did so immediately.

"Corey?" Jack then turned to look at his other friend and just Aaron's expression alone was enough to get Corey to agree. He knew his presence alone drove him crazy so he was more than happy to add to that aggravation by just being there.

"Count me in." He replied and another set of keys were immediately thrown his way.

From there it didn't take the three of them long to arrive to the deserted road, with all car's engines roaring as they waited to start.

Winding down their windows, all three guys waited for one of them to give some kind of signal, so Jack took it upon himself to do the honours.

"Ready?" He called out, getting two excitable nods.

Counting down on '3, 2, 1' both Aaron and Corey waited for the 'GO' before all three of them took off down the road.

The cars were side by side the whole way, all three going so fast that it was unbelieving that they had any control. Yet in that moment, it gave such a thrill, being able to not only have the freedom to go at those sorts of speeds but to do it with nothing else around.

"I'll meet you idiots at the end." Jack smirked before taking off a little faster, just managing to take the lead.

However, all teasing and smiles were completely lost when something as little as a bump in the road caused Corey to swerve, taking up the space Jack had currently been in. There was a moment of panic yet quickly replaced with relief at how close it had been; realising that if Jack had not moved over, things might have looked quite differently.

"That was close." Corey mumbled to himself before everything suddenly felt as though it was happening in slow motion.

Corey had appreciated the moment too soon because his car tyre had caught something slippery on the side of the old road, causing the car to swerve uncontrollably.

Aaron's hands tightened on the steering wheel as he saw what was happening and attempted to force his own car out of the way however, it was too late. Corey's car crashed straight into the side of it at such a force, that they became attached as one.

When Jack caught sight in his mirror of what was going on, his foot slammed onto the break, attempting to soften the collision and bring both cars to a stop. But it proved to be the worst idea because at the speeds the cars had previously been going, it caused nothing but hell for Jack.

His car was lifted up by both cars coming his way, throwing it over the top until it landed on it's roof. With no ability to stop themselves, Aaron and Corey's cars had continued to move until they crashed into what was left of the burned down house.