Chapter 76

"Are you alright?" Aaron asked Sophie noticing the clear unease running through her.

It was the morning after they had arrived in Bournemouth and they had surprisingly woken before Phoebe. They had been expecting to be alerted at a crazy hour of the morning due to this being a completely new place for her to sleep however, it seemed as though they were the ones suffering that this morning.

So to pass the time considering 6am seemed a little too early to jump out of bed, the pair had just been lying there enjoying one another's company while watching whatever rubbish was on the morning TV.

Sophie's hand ran up and down Aaron's chest and although it was relaxing for him, he knew it was more an action to comfort herself.

Aaron's brothers were coming over today and this was the first time she had seen them in a while. She had only met them once or twice and both times had been extremely brief therefore; she wasn't exactly looking forward to it due to the circumstances.

"Yeah..." She muttered back, pausing to glimpse up at him.

"Don't try and bullshit me." Aaron raised his brows in a challenging manner.

She could try to convince him that she was okay all she liked but he wasn't going to believe it.

Reaching out for the tea Aaron had made her a while ago meaning it was probably cold, Sophie took a long sip before placing it back down on the side. She then stalled the moment for even longer, as her hand reached up to trail the stubble on his chin. She was thinking how to answer the question, not entirely sure how to go about it after everything that had happened.

"I am okay... it's just going to be weird seeing your brothers. I haven't seen them in a long time... they haven't even met Phoebe yet."

Now that answer wasn't quite a lie. It was half the reason why she was nervous, she'd just decided it was safer to miss out the complaint about this whole fake engagement situation.

"They are going to love her and they love you. I don't get why you're worried."

Shrugging her shoulders, Sophie's head was rested back against the pillow, as all she wanted to do right now was fall back to sleep.

"I think they still have their doubts that this is all real. They never thought I would have kids." Aaron chuckled and Sophie finally let a smile cross her lips just thinking about it.

"It still blows my mind how we even ended up together too." Sophie mused as she leaned on Aaron's chest to look up at him.

"We fucked around a bit more than we should have but everyone's happier now right?" Aaron smirked and even though it had been such a serious and awful way to go about getting into a relationship together, it seemed more amusing now.

Even though they had been wrong, Elliot was finally getting married to someone else whether he had fully moved on or not and it had all been for the best anyway.

"Can you remember our first time?"

Aaron's next question caused a spark of humour to flow through Sophie as she thought about it. Reminiscing back to when they were just teenagers was crazy because it felt so long ago yet at the same time, as if it was just yesterday.

"That camping party, yeah." She chuckled.

Sophie had been 17 and Aaron 18 and the pair had known of each other because of Jack. However, there was this one party in particular where their polite friendship heightened and got a little more intimate.