Chapter 117

(part 5)

"So what do we owe you the pleasure 'Mr. I no longer have any time.'" Steph teased as Jay arrived at the hotel where her and Jess were waiting.

"Oh come on, I always have time for you two." He chuckled, taking a seat on the chair opposite the bed.

"And we hope it stays that way." Jess added with a smirk across her face.

Jay knew what they were implying as since he had been dating Lauren, he'd been a little more difficult to get in touch with. He still responded but it just took that little bit longer and they were not going to let him get away with it without them teasing him a little.

"What was it you needed us for anyway?" Steph went onto ask, already being able to tell that Jay was dying to get this out.

"You need to marry me." He responded instantly, not even holding back.

"What?!"

She was looking back at him as though he was insane and judging by this situation, he most definitely was.

"It's sounds crazy but just hear me out..."

Jay had both Steph and Jess looking at him as if he had officially lost it. Although he sounded genuine and as though he thought he was making sense, to them this was all such a mess.

"Are you pissed? You're pissed aren't you?" Steph began to say as she grabbed onto his arm. "Let me get you some water. You need to sober up."

"I'm not pissed, Steph." Jay laughed, pulling his arm back and looking to Jess for some help.

Catching his gaze, she could see in his eye and body language that he was sober. Whatever this was about, he was serious and desperate to get it out.

"Steph." Jess urged her back to sit on the end of the bed while they looked at him sat in front of them.

"We're going to take down Buddy tomorrow." He sighed, as though the thought of it exhausted him already, yet there was slight relief behind his voice too. "And it's not going to be easy as there are a lot of people against us with this. Therefore, I need to be prepared."

"Prepared for what?" Jess questioned as she struggled to make the connections.

"If something bad happens, everything I own will go to my brothers. I care about them but I don't trust them fully and I want the money to go to you both."

"What the fuck Jay? Why are you talking like that?"

Jess knew exactly what he was referring to and she didn't like it one bit. He was talking to them as though he was going to get killed and that's why marrying Steph would be practical right now.

"Therefore, if Steph and I get married, it will go straight to her and she will make good use of it."

"Jay you're insane. I can't marry you, you have a girlfriend. This is all so unnecessary!"

Steph was also in denial over what Jay was proposing. He was acting as though him getting killed was for certain, yet he always came out of this stuff alive. He was Jay Gibson, he was pretty much immortal. He had survived so much that it didn't make sense why he was so worried this time.

"I've found someone who will do it tonight." Jay ignored her comment and then pulled out a bunch of files. "This is all the legal shit for your club, the house and everything else. Then these envelopes are what I want each of you to have."

Jay passed the blank white envelopes over to both girls, who took them cautiously. Their minds were buzzing with so many thoughts and so much confusion. They didn't understand why Jay was acting like this.