Chapter 20

7 months, 2 weeks:

Aaron was not exactly sure where he was supposed to be going considering his friends had left him to find the apartment alone. He had been in charge of the garage all day so therefore he wasn't able to leave Brighton until gone nine.

A group of his friends from school who he didn't get to see much anymore had asked him if he was up for going to London for the weekend. They hadn't given him much choice to say no even if he had have wanted to as they had already booked a place for them to stay in.

Therefore, when he had claimed he couldn't leave off work until late, they had insisted it was fine and they would just meet him up there. However, now he was regretting it because he was heading for this apartment, unsure if it was actually where he needed to be.

It didn't look like a block of apartments that would be let out for weekends; it looked more like homes. They were also incredible; looking way pricier than his friends would have been up for paying.

Pausing for a moment as he reached the door with the number he had been given, he waited a few seconds before knocking. He felt sceptical about this whole thing and it was even worse due to the fact his friends were not answering their phones.

As the door was finally pulled open, the person stood the other side made his heart stop. He was left speechless, looking at his favourite smile, beaming back at him.

"Hey." Sophie grinned and Aaron was completely unable to form any sort of sentence.

He didn't know what was going on, yet it was clear Sophie knew exactly.

Reaching out her hand she ran it down the side of his cheek before reaching his lip, gliding her thumb over his bottom lip she then let her hand drop back down to her side.

"Are you going to say something or did you forget how to speak?"

Sophie's question caused Aaron's lips to spread into a small smile, finally snapping him back down to reality.

"What the fuck, Soph? Is this pure coincidence or..." He began to ask before Sophie laughed.

"It would be pretty insane if it was only a coincidence."

Realising how stupid his question had sounded, he also began to laugh yet he still wasn't following what was happening. However, he realised how little he cared right now because he was faced with the woman that caused every emotion in him to intensify to an extreme and he wanted to treasure the moment for what it was.

"Fuck, Soph." He breathed, before reaching out and pulled her into his arms.

When Sophie had arrived back in London and spent time thinking everything through while being bed bound, it was then it hit her with the reality of it all. After calling Aaron that night and asking him to help her get out of the mess with her car, he had been there with no reserves.

He had driven a few hours just to get to her that late at night when he could have been doing anything else.

The way she felt when she was around him was also something she couldn't describe but it was something she knew she couldn't give up so easily.

She didn't care if he had claimed their relationship wouldn't work. She didn't care if he thought that her work would get in the way of things because realistically her work was irrelevant. As long as they wanted each other, nothing else should matter. They could work around all their issues and focus on the fact that they wanted each other.

Therefore, it hadn't taken Sophie long to spark up an idea right on the spot. She hadn't fully thought anything through for the long run, especially with the pregnancy now in the picture but her late night tired mind was set on one thing and that was getting him back.