Chapter 25 - Two Years

Two Years:

(Again, just a reminder of how this works... two years means two years since the fast forward first started. Therefore, it's 1 year since the previous chapter. If that doesn't make sense tweet, message, dm me or leave a comment and i'll try and explain it better haha!).

Sophie & Aaron:

A year had passed since Sophie had experienced her third miscarriage and she had been through so much hurt that at some points it seemed unbearable. However, she never let herself view it as a negative thing because she had finally given herself the chance to fully grieve the three babies she had lost.

Aaron had been there through it all and stayed up with her the nights she was unable to stop crying. He had been there for her when she was struggling to process how and why it had happened to her and he had made sure to provide her with the love and reassurance she needed throughout.

Not long after he had found out about the third miscarriage he had presented her with a bracelet that she knew she would treasure forever. It was a rose gold chain with three star charms hanging delicately off it and when she asked what they stood for; his answer had been each of the babies she had never gotten to meet.

That gesture had been something that had caused her love to grow for him even more. It was in that moment that she realised just how much he did love, appreciate and understand her and she knew she could never let him go.

Even though he hadn't been with her through the first two miscarriages and he hadn't been aware that the third pregnancy existed until after the miscarriage, he still cared enough to show recognition that they did exist. He didn't want her to push them out of her mind and forget they happened, he wanted them to be acknowledged and he knew that was the best way she could get though it.

Since that moment, the couple had continued to grow stronger and their relationship was something they both had been craving for. Their living situation was still the same, with Aaron having an apartment in Brighton while Sophie had one in London but they made that extra effort to ensure they spent more time than just the weekends together.

They didn't overdo it. They didn't consume all of their time with one another because that was always a sad way to experience a love story. They instead created time for their friends and family alongside getting to enjoy one another's company and appreciating it when it happened.

Juliet & Dylan:

After a year of celebrating their new daughter's milestones and bringing her up into the world and making her a strong part of the family, Juliet and Dylan felt content in the family life they had created for themselves.

They were living in the same apartment and even though it was beginning to get a little more cramped, it didn't bother them because it was cosy.

Their family of five with their two boys and one little girl finally felt complete and was made even stronger the moment Dylan had gotten down on one knee.

It had been completely unexpected because to begin with Juliet hadn't been dressed up like they made engagements appear in the movies. Instead she had been in her pj's, struggling to wake up before breakfast had been brought to her in bed.

After a long night up with Grace she was feeling exhausted but all tiredness had been lost from her the moment Dylan had proposed.

She had thought things were going perfect enough for her however, she realised she hadn't quite reached her peak until now and couldn't fight back the pure joy over finally having that ring on her finger.