Chapter 98

After a long day at work, before heading to her parents to pick up Phoebe, Sophie was heading to Jess'. She had received a pleading text from her earlier and not being able to wait to find out what it was all about, Sophie had got Jess on the phone while she was working and had her explain everything.

Jess hadn't held back on the details as she trusted Sophie with her life and knew, even though she was close to Jack, she would never judge Jess. She would always try her best to look on it from the outside and help guide her in what was best rather than what she may prefer. Because at the end of the day, they all knew Sophie couldn't stand Jay and wanted to see Jess and Jack happy however, she knew life wasn't that simple and sometimes we had to allow for hurt and change to make things better.

"Okay first up...." Sophie announced the moment Jess opened the front door. "Um, wow!"

Peering around to try and figure out what she was fussing over, Jess watched as Sophie picked up a bouquet of flowers outside the front door.

"Woah." Jess mimicked her reaction, pulling the door further open and letting Sophie walk down the hall and into the kitchen with them.

"Who are they from?! It's like a forest!"

Throwing her keys onto the kitchen side, Sophie began digging around the flowers to try and find the card that usually came with a huge arrangement like this. After all her searching she finally pulled one out and skimmed her eyes over it.

"Well shit. That boy is not messing around." Sophie remarked before passing it over to Jess.

She couldn't judge Sophie's reaction but she could already guess who they were from.

However, if it did turn out to be who Jess thought it was, she would be genuinely shocked. She definitely did not take him for a flower kind of guy.

'I'm sorry if things got a bit out of hand last night. I know your marriage means a lot to you and I'm not trying to get in the way of it.... Well I kind of am but not out of spite. Take these as a genuine apology but also so I can show you how much that kiss actually meant to me and how hard I am willing to work for you. Jay.'

Jess was completely taken back as she read over the words on the note, unsure of how to react. She couldn't believe he had not only gone through the hassle of sending these but also with an apology.

"He wants you bad and if this situation was slightly different, I'd say that was kind of cute." Sophie spoke up as she sat on one of the kitchen stools.

"I'm sorry, this is probably not something you want to get involved in, I know you have loyalties... I'm just desperate." Jess stressed, knowing that the fact that it was Jack, made it more difficult for Sophie.

"Like I said on the phone, yes I care about Jack and don't want to see him hurt. But I don't want to see you hurt either and the only way to keep you both from that, is to deal with this realistically. I know first hand it's not easy so I'm not judging."

Sophie didn't realise how much Jess appreciated her just being here right now. She was a girl full of opinions and a lot of experience and in times like this, it was definitely needed.

"I don't know what to do Soph... I'm just full of guilt."

"And that is exactly why you don't know what to do." Sophie replied as though it was that simple.

"What do you mean?"

Turning her work phone off that was still buzzing with business calls and emails even after work hours, Sophie was ready to give this situation her full attention.

"How can you know what to do when you're not thinking straight? You're not thinking about this rationally because you feel guilty for even considering certain feelings you might have."