She was conscious that people would pick up on the fact that she was pregnant and cause her whole plan to be ruined.

She didn't want to bump into Aaron, she had been trying to avoid Corey as much as she could too but that was proving hard due to their 'status' and facing Juliet was just as worrying.

Jess had reassured her over and over that she wasn't showing and Sophie knew that; she looked no different. However, her mind was overpowering the truth and she couldn't help but feel conscious.

She had also been throwing up a lot more and she didn't want that to add to the suspicions.

"No, she's not coming. Sorry." Jess replied, hoping this conversation would be dropped and moved along.

"Do you know why? She said it's because she is busy with work and stuff but I don't know. She's been there through everything for all of my other pregnancies, so I'm just worried."

Juliet may be worried but she was also a bit upset with her. She didn't understand why she would be choosing work over her friend and that's why Juliet was confused about her no show.

"Yeah, yeah it's work." Jess began to stutter her words. While in the gang she was impeccable at lying but since leaving, she was worse than her three-year-old daughter. "She's got New York coming up and stuff and I think they have her preparing like crazy. I know she wanted to be here... I'm sure she'll call you."

Jess was trying to save Sophie from this whole situation due to knowing just how worked up she was getting over it. However, it was so difficult to do that when Juliet was obviously not buying a single word of it.

"I don't think that's it." Juliet refused. "I think there's something more. Haven't you noticed she's been different?"

Biting down on her lip, Jess scanned her eyes around the room in hope of finding something to get her out of this conversation, but she found nothing.

"No. I haven't noticed anything."

"Oh...I thought if anyone, you would have been the one to notice." Juliet chuckled. "I know her career means a lot to her but it's never meant more than friends."

Juliet was hurt, that was completely evident in her voice. She had wanted Sophie here as support and to help her celebrate but she had instead ran back off to London.

"Honestly don't worry about it." Jess then reached out to squeeze Juliet's hand. "I'm sure she'll call to make sure you had a nice time. She's just drowning in work right now."

Nodding her head, Juliet knew she couldn't say anything else to get Jess to have a real conversation with her about it. She was shrugging off every single thing that Juliet was suggesting and that was so unlike her.

Jess was always the first to notice when something was up and the fact that she didn't seem concerned about an obviously distant Sophie, was strange to Juliet and she didn't believe it.

**

continued...

"So where did Jess go?" Aaron asked Jack as he slouched back down on the sofa.

Ellie and Mia were playing together in the corner and had pulled pretty much every single toy they owned out and spread them across the living room floor. Harvey was running around the house, kicking about a football, desperately waiting for Jack and Aaron to take him, and Addie was contently sat on Jack's knee's as he supported her back and watched her clap her little hands while continuing to direct her attention between Jack and Aaron.

She was always so mesmerised by everything and didn't like to miss out. She would focus in on what was going on around her as if she was engaged in the conversation. She would then mimic the expressions that were being presented around her, trying to figure out exactly what they were doing.