Bad Desire: New Beginnings...

By _kylienkhloe

Book 3 in the Bad Desire Series! A follow on from Bad Desire: New Beginnings but with a fast forward in time... More

Character Profile
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Character Profile 2 - Age Update
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 - Two Years
Character Profile Update
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
(bonus chapter)
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 - part 1
Chapter 67 - part 2
Chapter 68 - part 1
Chapter 68 - part 2
Chapter 68 - part 3
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 79
Character Profile Update 2
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104 - Part 1
Chapter 104 - Part 2
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 116.2 IMPORTANT
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
The End...
Character Profile Update 3
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Epilogue Part 3
Epilogue Part 4 - Jess and Jack
Epilogue Part 4 - Juliet and Matt
Epilogue Part 4 - Sophie and Aaron
Epilogue Part 5 - The End.
Bad Desire Update - Fast Forward 2.0
Part 1 - her real life fairytale
Part 2 - content, happy and a very full heart.
Part 3 - an ever growing support system
Part 4 - a reminder of how toxic Brighton was
Part 5 - puzzle pieces of life
Part 6 - biggest mistake
Part 7 - she's still his daughter
Part 8 - the gang
Part 9 - living the easiest life
Part 10 - not mentally strong enough
Part 11 - Queen of drama
Part 12 - Ice Queen
Part 13 - he's not human
Part 14 - all of her insecurities
Part 15 - the family dinner
Part 16 - what meant most to her
Part 17 - he trusted you
Part 18 - why don't you join me?
Part 19 - closure
Part 20 - 3 days before Christmas.
Part 21 - Searching for happiness.
Part 22 - she was happy
Part 23 - you were very lucky
Part 24 - I messed up
Part 25 - try and save me
Part 26 - she trusts you
Part 27 - happy ending
Bad Desire Update - Fast Forward 2.0 (1 year later)
Part 28 - second chance
Part 29 - best behaviour
Part 30 - always had a home
Part 31 - a real happy ending

Chapter 78

45 4 1
By _kylienkhloe

A few days later:

Juliet and Erika had decided to spend the afternoon in town gathering last minute bits for the wedding while also putting Juliet's mind off the whole court situation. She knew it would be in the back of her mind no matter what she did but it helped numb the worry a little bit.

Just as they were leaving a bridal shop, they were stopped in their tracks when they were approached by Sophie. There was an instant tension surrounding them as they looked awkwardly towards her, not knowing what was going to come from this. However, Sophie tried to remain as unfazed as possible as she faintly smiled at them both before pulling out two envelopes from her bag.

"Hey." She spoke in almost a whispered tone, unsure whether or not to give Juliet a hug.

She wasn't exactly sure where they stood after everything that had happened. They seemed to experience moments where things would be okay before it would quickly tumble into argument after argument. Therefore, she decided against the hug and looked to Erika who did not look too pleased to see her.

The pair hadn't seen one another since the kiss between her and Elliot and they had obviously been avoiding each other for that reason. However, Sophie was prepared to push past her pride and her hatred for taking any blame for it and was doing what she thought was right.

"I know you probably don't want to talk to me or whatever..." She began, as Erika just glared back. "But these are for you... well one for you and one for Elliot."

As Sophie passed the envelopes her way, Erika reached out to take them yet her face was full of confusion.

"What is this?" She quipped, taking note of the names on the front.

"Just a short note." Sophie began, managing to hold Erika's uncomfortable eye contact. "I won't be coming to the wedding for obvious reasons; I don't think it would be fair. So, I just wanted to get all the apologises and congratulations out in there. I know things have been kind of shit between us all but I'm sick of the childish bickering. I'm twenty-eight nearly twenty-nine years old but caught up in messy shit I would be doing when I was twenty-two. I just want it all to be put behind us."

The trip Sophie had taken to Bournemouth to see Aaron's family had been refreshing. Even though things had started out slightly awkward, they had got better. It had been the best feeling to be surrounding by such a loving and normal family that it made her rethink so many things.

Here in Brighton everyone seemed to be so caught up in pointless and childish drama. Everyone had been living here for so long that their past life was so easily was caught up in their current life and it created arguments and hatred that wasn't necessary.

She didn't want to remain fixated on things that didn't matter. She didn't want to be caught up in drama that was just wasting time. Life was too short to be constantly in battle with someone so she finally wanted to put it all behind her.

She and Aaron had dealt with enough problems since being together and Sophie was now realising that it had mostly been because of her own issues. Most of their arguments had been related to her past or other external forces getting in the way and she didn't want that anymore. If things were going to move forward between them, she had to grow up and take note of the more important things in her life. Those important things became clear after her weekend with the Harris' and it proved to her that family, no matter how big or how small was truly the most important thing.

"Right... okay, thanks." Erika forced a smile yet it was clear she was still unsure of this whole exchange.

Nevertheless, Sophie's attention was quickly placed on Juliet before she had too long to contemplate it and she could see the genuine surprise on her face over what Sophie had just done.

"Can we talk?" She asked and there was a few seconds pause before Juliet began nodding her head.

"Yeah, sure. We'll be one minute." She said as she turned to look at Erika.

Sophie decided to avoid the expression of her ex's fiancée as she had a feeling it wouldn't be a good one and it would ruin her current calm state.

"Is everything okay?" Juliet asked once they had taken a seat on a bench, now looking out to the sea washing up and down on Brighton's beach.

"I've just been to see my parents." Sophie began, crossing one leg over the other. "And my mum told me about something that I know you would have told me about yourself if the situation would have been better. But obviously things have been shitty between us and I understand why you probably don't want to confide in me but I really want to help."

Juliet was unsure of where this was going but she could see the serious expression over Sophie's face, so allowed her to continue.

"Matt trying to get full custody of Hunter is what I am talking about."

The mention of the topic had Juliet frozen on the spot as complete worry filled her face. It was clear it was eating at her every single moment of the day and it took talking about it aloud to make it even more real.

Since she had received the letter, Juliet had been doing everything in her power to get help. She didn't know what to do or how to go about any of it as she didn't have any experience in this. She had been contacting countless of people for advice but every piece she had been given was different and she was beginning to panic that she really didn't have this under control.

"How does your mum know about that?" Juliet asked the question before it clicked in her head and her face turned white. "Wait... please tell me she's not working for him."

Reaching her hand out to place over Juliet's, Sophie shook her head.

"Mike wanted her to." Sophie began and with the mention of Mike, Juliet's expression turned from fear to hurt. She had heard Mike was helping Matt out and she had felt so betrayed.

She knew he was Abbie's father too but for him to work against his other daughter just didn't seem right or fair.

"And she was going to take the case... he was convincing, but that was until she was given the names. She didn't realise it was you until she was given personal details and she pulled out immediately."

"Oh my God." Juliet whispered as she covered her mouth with her hand, unable to say anything but that.

She was terrified as it was but the thought that Estee could have been working against her would have been even worse. Estee was good at what she did and very rarely failed so she didn't doubt she would have done whatever she could to win what she was fighting for.

"I can't lose Hunter." She then mumbled into her hand as the tears began to fall; speaking about it making it all seem so real again. "I don't understand why Matt is doing this. It doesn't make sense... this isn't like him."

"I know, I know." Sophie squeezed her hand. "But it's okay, you're not going to lose him, I promise you."

"How do you know that? I don't know where to start and they seem to have this all under control. Mike's helping them and it seems like none of them are going to give up on this."

"My mum is going to help you Juliet. She won't let this happen." Sophie reassured, causing Juliet to freeze and look back at her in shock.

"What?"

That hadn't been what she had been expecting to hear.

"She wants to take on your case. She won't let you lose Hunter and you need to trust her to do this for you."

Sophie knew Juliet still had her uncertainties towards Estee after what she had found out about her and Mike. But she also wanted to reassure Juliet that her mum wasn't some heartless being who just cared about money. She wanted to help and she felt like she owed Juliet after what she had contributed to when she was a child.

"Are you serious?" Juliet looked back with shock but also hope in her eyes. "But I can't afford her. Dylan and I are going to have to borrow money as it is!"

She knew having Estee on her side would be a huge bonus to winning this case against Matt however, she also knew the woman's prices were not cheap. There was no chance she could borrow enough money to cover it.

"She doesn't want the money. She just wants to do this for you." Sophie reassured.

"She can't do that-" Juliet began before Sophie cut her off with a repetitive shake of her head.

"Yes she can. She'll be with you every step of the way and ensure you get the outcome you want. I promise."

Even though the worry was never going to subside from Juliet until this was over, she suddenly felt a new boost of hope within her. The fact that Estee was going to do this for her out of kindness filled her with warmth and a sense of reassurance she had been craving.

She realised that even though she had previously felt like she had no support, she had just been searching for it in the wrong places. Regardless of her constant arguments with Sophie, she still looked at her as a sister and was always there.

Estee and Sophie were the surprise support in this whole ordeal and even though she had not been expecting it, she appreciated it more than she could put into words.

*

:)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 1.3K 86
Hey Guys!!! This is Book 3 of my Realize series. If you haven't read the first two books yet, I highly recommend that you do to avoid any confusion...
149K 5.2K 20
HIS Book Series #4: Don't have to read books in order!! :) Victoria is a 27 year old curvy girl who is more of a homebody than her best friend and ro...
4.8K 251 7
The final book in the 'Euphoria' Trilogy. Euphoria Still With You My You So much can change within the span of a year. A global pandemic seemingly o...
1.6M 1.9K 8
UNEDITED WATTPAD VERSION! (This is the arguably rubbish version, ye be warned.) Includes a sample of the published version as well *** Life would be...