Bad Desire: New Beginnings...

By _kylienkhloe

Book 3 in the Bad Desire Series! A follow on from Bad Desire: New Beginnings but with a fast forward in time... More

Character Profile
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Character Profile 2 - Age Update
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 - Two Years
Character Profile Update
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
(bonus chapter)
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 - part 1
Chapter 67 - part 2
Chapter 68 - part 1
Chapter 68 - part 2
Chapter 68 - part 3
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Character Profile Update 2
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104 - Part 1
Chapter 104 - Part 2
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 116.2 IMPORTANT
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
The End...
Character Profile Update 3
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Epilogue Part 3
Epilogue Part 4 - Jess and Jack
Epilogue Part 4 - Juliet and Matt
Epilogue Part 4 - Sophie and Aaron
Epilogue Part 5 - The End.
Bad Desire Update - Fast Forward 2.0
Part 1 - her real life fairytale
Part 2 - content, happy and a very full heart.
Part 3 - an ever growing support system
Part 4 - a reminder of how toxic Brighton was
Part 5 - puzzle pieces of life
Part 6 - biggest mistake
Part 7 - she's still his daughter
Part 8 - the gang
Part 9 - living the easiest life
Part 10 - not mentally strong enough
Part 11 - Queen of drama
Part 12 - Ice Queen
Part 13 - he's not human
Part 14 - all of her insecurities
Part 15 - the family dinner
Part 16 - what meant most to her
Part 17 - he trusted you
Part 18 - why don't you join me?
Part 19 - closure
Part 20 - 3 days before Christmas.
Part 21 - Searching for happiness.
Part 22 - she was happy
Part 23 - you were very lucky
Part 24 - I messed up
Part 25 - try and save me
Part 26 - she trusts you
Part 27 - happy ending
Bad Desire Update - Fast Forward 2.0 (1 year later)
Part 28 - second chance
Part 29 - best behaviour
Part 30 - always had a home
Part 31 - a real happy ending

Chapter 58

37 3 2
By _kylienkhloe

Once both parties had headed off to spend their nights carrying out exactly what they had set out, their plans to meet up during the night happened much quicker than they were expecting. After the girls had spent a good few hours eating dinner and catching up, they headed to a club... which happened to be the club the guys were currently at.

"What a coincidence, we both ended up picking the same club." Ashley slurred as she moved along the bar closer to Jack.

It was obvious that he wasn't as excited about the fact they had unknowingly both had the same favourite club in Brighton, yet Ashley seemed over the moon due to the fact it was the place they always snuck in to as teenagers.

"Yeah, fucking incredible." Was Jack's sarcastic response as he began trying to look around Ashley on the search for Jess.

He knew she had to be around here somewhere but it seemed as though the hen do party were currently not all in one place. Therefore, it was making the whole situation much more difficult.

"Do you remember then, coming here with your brother and sneaking in with fake ID's?" She continued, completely oblivious to his lack of interest in the conversation.

It took a lot to get Jack drunk so he still had his sober mind on and had zero time for Ashley right now.

"Yeah." Was the blunt response she got in return.

"And we'd managed to get served drinks without fail. We glammed up well to look older than we were."

As Ashley was flicking her hair over her shoulder in her best flirtatious attempt, it went unnoticed by Jack. When failing to see Jess amongst the busy crowds, Jack instead turned to his phone to text her instead. His main concern was whether or not she was having a good night due to her previous worries and he also knew it would make matters worse if she confronted him with Ashley in the way.

"So what do you think of Erika and Elliot?" Ashley tried another method and moved the conversation away from their past and onto both of their friends.

Looking up from his phone and catching Ashley's gaze for the first time, Jack chuckled.

"If he's happy with my sloppy leftovers, then I'm happy for him."

"You're a dick." Ashley laughed back. "You can't call her that, she's a nice person."

"I didn't say she wasn't." Jack shrugged yet still with an amused expression across his face. "All I remember about her to be honest is how quiet she was. She barely used to say a word."

"Well she must have said something because you got the girl to sleep with you!"

Ashley's comment made Jack's grin turn into a middle finger aimed her way before passing some cash over to the bar man for his drink.

"I still don't understand how you two happened though. You are polar opposites. I thought you went for goby bitches." Ashley remarked, clearly making a dig about Jess but attempting to be subtle.

"Nah, that was just my bad taste in women back when I was eighteen." Jack hit back with what Ashley wasn't expecting.

"Yet again... dick! But you should consider yourself lucky, I was a highly wanted girl and I chose you."

"Yeah, were... not anymore."

Taking his drink off the side, Jack turned to see the reaction he had got out of Ashley and it consisted of an open mouthed shock. However, she wasn't about to let him get away with the remark so followed along by his side as he walked away.

"One drink. That's all that you've brought for yourself?" Ashley asked in astonishment as the pair came to a stop at the table where the rest of the stag do were. "What happened to the Jack that would have about five lined up at once? You're not going to get drunk on that."

"Slow and steady, Ash. The night has just started... plus I am no longer 18, remember?"

Ashley clearly didn't seem impressed by his answer because it was also emphasising the fact he was settled down with kids; something she didn't like to be reminded of. Her need to live in the past and not move on from it was causing huge annoyance for Jack but never the less he was managing to keep calm about it.

He felt sorry for her in a way as while everyone around her had gone on to do bigger and better things for themselves, she was still living in a bubble of fantasy, hoping she could find a time machine and turn back time.

"Alright, 'Mr. Grown Up.' How's business going for you now then?" Ashley crossed one leg over the other as she spoke, urging herself that little bit closer to them on the leather sofas.

"Fucking amazing." Was Jack's basic response as his eyes focused on the guys ahead, trying to steer away from giving Ashley anymore eye contact, as it would only lure her drunk self in more.

"Can I ask you something?" She then went onto ask as her tone was lowered to something a little more serious.

This time Jack did turn to look at her, more through shock of the personality change than anything else. But when he did look at her, he was a little taken back by the vulnerability on her face.

"Go ahead."

"I hate myself for having to ask this, I feel useless and vulnerable." She began and now she really did have Jack's attention, as it was extremely rare for Ashley to speak low of herself, ever. "But, I'm struggling at the moment with rent and bills and stuff. I'm behind by a few months and my landlord is on the verge of kicking me out."

By this point, all of Ashley's previous attempts to get Jack's full attention and eye contact had disappeared because she was now looking away from him. She looked embarrassed and ashamed.

"You're asking to borrow money?" Jack clarified, knowing that she wasn't going to ask herself and he got a nod from her in response.

"Doesn't your dad pay your rent? Are you no longer living off of 'daddy's money'?" Jack mocked knowing that in the past due to her parent's wealth, she used to slack off and do absolutely nothing yet still live a luxury life.

"Yeah, he used to... but not anymore."

Her blunt and simple reply had Jack curious. Yes, Ashley sounded embarrassed and vulnerable for asking but he also knew this girl was a good actress. Playing the victim could potentially be another way of winning Jack over. Making him feel sorry for her and need to provide her with some help would change their relationship all together and he would go from finding her presence aggravating to feeling bad for feeling that way about her.

"Why not?"

Sighing and dropping her shoulders, Ashley leaned even closer as if to protect anyone else from hearing. However, with the music so loud she didn't really have any worries, no one was going to hear her anyway.

"He refuses to pay it until I get a job."

"Can you blame him? It's not like he's being irrational." Jack placed his drink on the table as he sat back in his seat. "You're 28 and you haven't worked a day in your life."

"Because he's always offered to pay for me!" Ashley stressed, suddenly gutted that she was losing the fight with him.

She had convinced him well enough for the first 30 seconds that she was desperate and in need but now, he was just sure she was being lazy.

"You should speak to him, I'm not a charity and it's not like you're genuinely suffering, Ash." Jack tried to reason.

He didn't like the idea of just throwing his money around to people who knew that he had it. His mum had always warned him of people taking advantage and this was definitely one of those cases.

Ashley didn't need the money, she was being lazy and irrational with her dad but at the same time Jack couldn't help but feel a little guilty if she truly was behind on her rent.

"Sorry, I thought you were. Jess has been living off of you for many years so it was an easy mistake to make."

Ashley's comment had Jack stunned for a moment, as she had been so blunt and had absolutely no care about the words that had just left her mouth.

She was truly trying to make digs at Jess with every opportunity she had and she'd not held back from doing it for her own benefit too.

"She hasn't lived off me, she's my wife. She spends all her time looking after our children, which isn't easy when you have four. My job is fucking nothing compared to what she does daily so I'm more than happy to be the one bringing in the money."

Ashley should have expected Jack to jump on Jess' defence as quickly as he did but it was clear she hadn't, due to her sitting in silence unsure of what to say. She knew he made a good argument but once again, she wanted to out do it and prove him wrong.

"What I'm trying to say is; you helped a doomed gang member get back on her feet with daily doses of cash. I just need a few hundred and I will pay you back."

Jack knew that it was a bad idea because the chances were that she wouldn't. He knew Ashley well enough to know she had a tendency to take without giving. However, Jack didn't like the thought of anyone being in a situation where they would be kicked out of their home, regardless of who they were and their current situation.

Therefore, regardless of how anyone else was going to take the gesture, he agreed. 

*

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 448 31
"𝑨𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒇𝒊𝒂 𝑯𝒆𝒊𝒓, 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒅; 𝑰 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑰 𝒓𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒂...
4.9K 251 7
The final book in the 'Euphoria' Trilogy. Euphoria Still With You My You So much can change within the span of a year. A global pandemic seemingly o...
149K 5.2K 20
HIS Book Series #4: Don't have to read books in order!! :) Victoria is a 27 year old curvy girl who is more of a homebody than her best friend and ro...
1.7K 103 16
~book 3~ after the publication of her latest book, y/n will meet a renowned journalist and photographer. interested in his story, she is going to wri...