Touch

"Please," you said as you tried to reach for Varian. 

"No," Varian said as he tried to keep you away. 

"Just let me--"

"No!" 

"Just one touch, and all your worries and fears will go away," you said. "Just one touch."

"No," Varian said again grabbing your wrist with his gloved hand. "Im not letting you do that. All pain and fear you take away from anyone instantly transfers to you."

"I know," you said trying to touch his forehead again. "I want to. Just let me help you."

"No!" Varian exclaimed again moving out of the way, making you trip and fall. 

You stood up with a huff. "Fine," you said turning to Quirin. You placed your hands on the amber entrapping him and took a deep breath. 

"(Y/n)?" Varian said in concern.

The amber started to glow, and energy flowed from your hands. You let out a cry as you started to feel a change. 

"(Y/n), what are you doing?!" Varian exclaimed trying to get you to let go of the amber. 

"I'm freeing him!" you cried out. 

Varian looked down at your feet and saw some amber starting to form around you. "(Y/n), stop!" Varian exclaimed trying to pull you away again. "You're getting encased!"

"You need your dad!" you yelled out as the pain and power increased. More cracks appeared in the amber, and more amber formed around you. 

"(Y/n)!" Varian cried out wrapping his arms around you from behind and pulling with all his might. With one final tug, he made you let go of the amber, and you both fell to the floor. The cracks in the amber encasing Quirin mended themselves, and the amber that had formed around you vanished. 

"Varian, why did--" You were cut off when he trapped you in a tight embrace. 

"Don't ever do that again," Varian said shaking a little. 

"But-" you tried to say.

"No," he said. "I'm not losing you. Not even if it does get my dad back. I...I love you."

You were taken aback before you returned his embrace and smiled. "I love you, too."