Who You Gonna Call?

Day 3: Crew

Varian, Rapunzel, Cass, and Eugene all stood in front of the skyscraper with nervous looks on their faces.

"(Y/n)'s in there," Varian said. "Let's go."

"I don't know," Eugene said as the other three started forward. "I mean this is a little outside my comfort zone. Maybe one of us should stay behind to-" Cassandra rolled her eyes and dragged Eugene inside.

"Um, Varian?" Rapunzel asked once she saw the elevators weren't working.

"Yes?" Varian responded.

"What floor did you say (y/n) is on?" Rapunzel asked.

"Thirty," Varian said. "Why?"

Rapunzel sighed. "We have a lot of climbing ahead of us." They all groaned when they saw the endless stairs.

Meanwhile, you were frantically struggling against your restraints as you were tied to a pole on top of the skyscraper.

"Be calm now," Miss Sugarby said as she tightened your restraints slightly. "It will all be over soon. Besides, you should be honored for being the chosen one."

"This is crazy, you old hag!" you exclaimed as you tugged harder.

~*~*~*~

"How far are we now?" Eugene asked feeling out of breath.

"Floor 10," Rapunzel breathed out. Everyone groaned.

"Let me know once we get to the fifteenth," Eugene said. "I'm gonna throw up."

~*~*~*~

You tugged harder on your restraints as Miss Sugarby approached you with a dagger. She forcefully held your hand and slit open your palm. You winced in pain. 

Miss Sugarby smirked as she walked over to her bubbling cauldron and let the blood drip off the dagger and into the mixture. "It won't be long now," she said with a smile full of insanity plastered on her face. "The master shall be unleashed, and he shall cleanse the world of all these imperfect mortals."

"You're sick!" you exclaimed. "Why would you do something like this? Are you a human? Won't he just destroy you, too?"

Sugarby chuckled for a moment be fore she turned to look at you. "Oh, I'm no human, my dear," she said walking towards you. "It was difficult to stay under the radar, especially when that little boyfriend of your's and his friends showed up." She suddenly started to glow, and became a green ghost, leaving a boy to collapse in front of you. You gasped in fear as the body crumbled into dust. 

"Nice to know some mortals were good for something," Sugarby said giving you an evil smirk. 

~*~*~*~

"What...floor...are we...on...now?" Rapunzel asked completely out of breath and ready to collapse. 

"Floor 25," Varian said with what little breath he had. 

They all groaned. Cassandra even let out a small whine. 

~*~*~*~

"You'll never get away with this!" you said pulling harder on your restraints. 

"I already have, my dear," Sugarby said as a portal slowly started to form.