Drawings

You were getting bored as you sat there listening to Rapunzel's ongoing speech. You knew she had to practice before speaking in front of the entire court, but it still was boring you nonetheless. 

You looked over at Varian, who was sitting not to far from you. It looked like he was very infested in whatever he was doing in a journal. Your cheeks lit up a little. You'd be lying if you said you didn't think he was cute. You had been crushing ever since Rapunzel introduced you two.

"So, what do you think?" Rapunzel asked. 

"Oh," you said being pulled back into reality. "It, um, sounds great, Rapunzel. I'm sure the entire court will be impressed."

"What about you, Varian?" Rapunzel asked.

"Oh," Varian said quickly closing his journal. "I agree with (y/n)."

"Yay!" Rapunzel happily said clapping her hands. "By the way, what's in the journal?"

"Uh, nothing," Varian said putting the journal behind his back.

"Are you sure?" Rapunzel asked mischievously approaching him.

"Absolutely," he said. He didn't' notice that you were right behind him.

"Got it!" you said snatching it out of his hands.

"Hey!" Varian said reaching for it. "Give it back!"

"If it's nothing, you shouldn't mind us seeing it," you said. 

"No." Varian grabbed hold of you, and you both fell to the ground. You quickly opened the journal and looked inside. Your entire face lit up instantly. 

"What is it?" Rapunzel asked taking the journal out of your hands. The moment she saw the contents of the journal, she broke out in a fit of laughter. "Varian, I think you're obsessed."

"Uh," Varian said with a red face as he quickly got up. "I don't know what you're talking about. Come on, give it back."

"For someone who's not obsessed, you sure have a lot of drawings of (y/n) in here," Rapunzel said as she continued to laugh. 

You were hyperventilating and leaning against a tree for support. "Ha," Rapunzel said as Varian continued to chase after her to get his journal back. "Mr. and Mrs. (l/n). Wow, you could be a designer. That's an amazing dress you drew (y/n) in."

"You speak nothing but lies," Varian panicked. He finally caught Rapunzel and took back the journal. He looked over at you. You were still leaning against a tree, and your face was completely red.

"(Y/n)," Varian said approaching you. "I promise, it's not what you think."

You suddenly took hold hold of Varian's wrist. Before you knew what you were doing, you smashed your lips against his. His eyes went wide before closing. He wrapped his arms around your back and pressed closely to you.

"Eugene! Cassandra!" Rapunzel yelled running off. "It happened!"

After a minute or two, you broke away. "So..." you said with a bit of a smirk. "Mr and Mrs (l/n)? Getting a little ahead of yourself, don't you think?"

"Well, uh," Varian tried to say. You cut him off by pecking his lips. 

"You adorable idiot," you playfully said as you wrapped your arms around his neck and leaned in again. You both locked lips and wanted to stay that way. To think this all happened over a few drawings.