Anger

"Hey, Varian," you said walking into his lab. "I found some more scrap for your machine."

"Thanks," he said turning around to look at you. His eyes widened when he saw the rough condition you were in. "Woah," he said as he walked to you and  wrapped his arms around you. "What happened to you?"

"It's nothing you have to worry about," you said. 

"I beg to differ," Varian said caressing your cheek. "When you come here with a bunch of scratches and bruises, I think it's something I should worry about. Now, what happened?"

You sighed. "Some rumors were spread about me," you said. "Everyone thought I was a slut, so I got beat up."

"What rumors?" Varian asked with a slightly darker tone as his grip on you tightened. 

"These two guys, Mark and Travis I think, went around claiming I did it with both of them," you said. 

"What?" Varian said with his tone getting darker. 

"It's okay," you said. "It will all blow over soon. Everyone knows that I'm with you."

Varian placed a kiss on your forehead and held you closer. He rubbed circles on your back and stroked his fingers through your hair. "You should go lay down," Varian said. "I'll gather materials to clean your wounds. 

"Okay," you said letting go of Varian and heading for his room. 

Varian watched you as you left the lab. He clenched his hands into fists so tightly that his knuckles went white under his gloves. "They...will...pay."

~~~~

After a while, Varian finally finished cleaning your wounds and wrapping a few bandages. "Just rest, okay?" he said as he placed another kiss on your forehead. 

You nodded and laid down as Varian pulled the blanket up over you. He gave you one last look before leaving the room and heading for his lab. 

He stood at one of his tables for a while in deep thought. He grabbed a quill and dipped it in ink. A dark look of determination shined in his eyes as he wrote.

~~~~

"(Y/n) did say to meet us here at dawn, right?" Mark asked. 

"Yeah," Travis said. "Don't worry though. The wait is sure to be worth it. I've been wanting to bang her for months."

"Yeah," Mark said high-fiving Travis.

They both suddenly saw a figure wearing a cloak approaching them. "(Y/n), baby, is that you?"

"Nope," Varian said taking off his hood and throwing a glowing vile at the two of them. Mark got out of the way, but Travis was hit. Mark watched in horror as Travis' skin was turned to stone and became a statue.

Mark quickly turned and ran as Varian slowly stalked him from behind. He suddenly found himself cornered and looked at Varian completely terrified. "Now, look here," Mark said. "I'm sure we can work this out."

"No," Varian said taking out another compound. "You can't."

"What did I do to you?" Mark asked terrified. 

"You hurt (y/n)," Varian said walking closer. "Nobody hurts (y/n)."

Mark had no time to respond as the compound hit him and he, too, was turned to stone. Varian watched with a cold expression before turning and heading back to his home. 

Varian walked up to his room to see you were soundly asleep. He smiled and took off his alchemy gear as he laid next you and held you close. You squirmed a little in your sleep. Varian kissed your cheek and calmed you down. You subconsciously snuggled closer to Varian. He stroked his fingers through your hair. "I won't let anyone hurt you," Varian said before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.