Together

You groaned as you continued to watch Eugene, Lance, and Hook-Foot flex and try to see who's the strongest. You really wished you had gone with Rapunzel and Cassandra when they left to explore.

"Could you guys stop it already?" you said extremely annoyed.

"Don't discourage them," Varian said with a smirk as he leaned against a tree. "They'll exhaust themselves soon, and we can make a break for it."

"How many times do we have to go over this?" you said turning to face him. "I'm not running off with you, and you aren't running either."

"Can't bare to see me leave?" Varian said with a smirk.

You groaned. "The King decided that you would come with us because you could be resourceful." You pointed at his handcuffs. "You should be thankful that you're not in a cell."

"I am," Varian simply said.

"What?" you said.

"I get to see your beautiful form all the time, milady," Varian said.

You groaned again. "I wish for just one day, you wouldn't act like this. Is that so much to ask?"

"Could you keep it down a little with your boyfriend?" Eugene said. "I'm trying to focus here."

"We broke up," you said.

"We never officially ended it," Varian said leaning against you.

"I need to go for a walk," you said grabbing Varian's wrist and walking in the same direction Rapunzel and Cassandra went.

"You're so attached," Varian said smirking.

"No," you said. "Someone has to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't run away, and they clearly won't be any help."

"You really are feisty today," Varian said.

"For one second could you just-" you stopped mid-sentence as you and Varian fell through a hole in a hollow truck and slid down. You landed on the ground with a grunt with Varian landing on top of you.

"Hello~" Varian said looking down at you.

"Get off," you said pushing him off of you.

"Oh my," you heard someone say. You turned around to see a tall man and a fat woman drinking tea. "Hello, dearies. Care to join us for some tea?"

"Oh," you said walking towards them with Varian following behind you. "No thank you. Have you seen two women pass through here. One with seventy feet of golden hair?"

"I don't think so, dear," the woman said pouring a cup of tea. "But you look stressed. You could really use a cup."

"Well," you said. "I'd hate to turn down a generous offer."

"And a cup for your friend, too," the man said handing a cup to Varian.

"We aren't friends," you said taking a sip.

"Yeah," Varian said. "We're lovers."

You felt yourself choke on your tea. "That is not true!"

"It technically is," Varian said taking a sip from his cup.

"It is not," you said. "And you need to stop saying otherwise."

"Deny it all you want," Varian said. "But at this time only a few weeks ago, you had my tongue down your throat."

Your cheeks went red. "You are just terrible today!" As you continued to yell, you didn't notice that you and Varian were shrinking. You suddenly screamed when you saw feathers instead of fingers.