Parting Gift

Day 4: Little

(Small trigger warning. Reference to rape.)

You laid there on the floor whimpering and crying, waiting for the pain you were in to finally end. You had fought so hard against your restraints that your wrists were bleeding like crazy. Your body felt on fire as the creature on top of you continued.

After what felt like forever, the creature finally stopped. It looked down at you with a malicious smirk before disappearing, leaving you bound, alone, and exposed.

"(Y/n)!" you heard someone call out. "(Y/n)!"

You weakly lifted your head to see the faint sight of someone coming towards you. "No more," you quietly whispered as tears left your eyes.

You suddenly felt arms wrap around your upper body. "(Y/n)," you heard the same voice say. You looked up at someone's face with what little strength you had.

"Varian?" you said before blacking out.

Varian breathed heavily as he stared at you for a moment. He quickly attacked the chains that bound you and freed your body. He reached into a bag he brought with him and pulled out a blanket. He wrapped it around your exposed form and held you close as tears escaped his eyes.

"I'm sorry, (y/n)," Varian said pressing your forehead against his. "I'm so so sorry."

Varian picked you up bridal style and quickly headed for his home.

After a while of walking, you started to come out of it. "Varian?" you quietly said as you started to open your eyes.

"(Y/n)," Varian said stopping in his tracks for a moment. "Thank goodness you're awake. Are you okay?"

You suddenly clung tightly to Varian and cried. "It was so horrible!"

"It's okay," Varian said sitting down for a moment as he hugged you and stroked his fingers through your hair.

"It hurt so much!" you cried out.

"It's okay," Varian said. "You're safe now."

"But Varian...he...he took my...my..." You sobbed again before you could finish your sentence.

"It's going to be okay," Varian said holding you close. "We'll make it through this."

Varian got back to his feet and continued on his way home.

Months had gone by since that night, and it became obvious that the evil entity left a parting gift.

You stared at your reflection in the mirror. You placed your hand on your big belly. There was only so much time left before it would come. You let more tears escape your eyes.

Varian walked up behind you and wrapped his arms around you. "It'll be okay," Varian said as he gently rubbed your belly.

"How are you so okay with this?" you asked. "You know it isn't yours."

"That doesn't matter," Varian said. "Whether we like it or not, you're going to have to give birth to this baby eventually. I'm going to be there for you even if it isn't mine."

You felt a small smile grace your lips as you leaned back against him.

A few more months passed by, and it was time. Your parents, Quirin, Rapunzel, Eugene, Cassandra, and Lance nervously stood outside the room as they heard your cries of pain.

After what felt like forever, it was done, and the room was filled with the cries of a baby.

"It's a girl," Adira said cleaning off the newborn and wrapping her in a blanket. She handed the baby to you. You looked at it having no idea what to think. The baby's skin was ghostly pale, and once she opened her eyes, she reveled blood-red irises.

You felt a few tears of sadness escape your eyes. "Varian..." you said.

"It'll be alright," Varian said sitting next to you and wrapping an arm around your shoulders. "She'll be safe. No one's going to hurt her. The princess made the decree, herself."

"But what if he comes back?" you asked. "For her?...For me?"

"He's not going to get you," Varian said. "I'll never let anyone hurt you again. The same goes for your little girl."

"Our little girl," you said looking at Varian. He smiled and placed a kiss on your forehead and softly held the child's head.