Christmas Eve (Christmas Special Pt. 5)

You smiled as you watched Rapunzel skip all over the place in excitement. It was Christmas Eve, and she was so excited for Christmas Day. You chuckled slightly at her childish behavior until you felt a familiar presence. You turned to see Varian standing next to you with two cups of hot chocolate, offering one to you.

"Thanks," you said taking the cup in your own hands and taking a small sip.

"No problem," Varian said placing his arm over your shoulder.

"Alright everyone!" Eugene happily exclaimed as he came through the doors to the room carrying trays of treats. "I've got the goods!" Rapunzel squealed and instantly dug in.

You politely passed for the time being and went over to sit by Bambi and Ruddiger, by the fire. Varian joined you shortly after, bringing a blanket with him. You giggled as he pulled you into his lap and cuddled you. You placed your cup of cocoa down and snuggled into him.

"You remember back when my parents actually let me spend Christmas at Old Corona?" you asked.

"Yeah," Varian said with a small smile. "One of the best times of my life."

~~Flashback~~

"Do you think there really is a Santa Clause?" you asked.

"Of course," Varian said, his voice sounding a little funny due to his front teeth missing. "And we can prove it tonight."

"How?" you asked.

"Stake-out," Varian said. "We'll wait by the chimney tonight, and we'll see Santa once he arrives."

"Are you sure?" you asked.

"Yes," Varian said confidently. "Have I ever let you down before?"

You remained silent. He technically never let you down, but he was known for making his fair share of mistakes. You decided to trust him, though. However, you two didn't last long before falling asleep.

Quirin came into the living room in the morning to see the two of you snuggled up together in a blanket.

~~Flashback End~~

"No one would let us hear the end of it," you said with a laugh.

"Yeah," Varian said. "All the guys in Old Corona teased me, saying I was in love with the princess."

"I guess they weren't too far off," you said with a smile, looking up at him.

You suddenly took notice of a familiar small plant hanging above the two of you. "Rapunzel," you said accusingly looking over your shoulder.

"What?" Rapunzel said trying to play innocent. She was holding a stick with string attached at the end. On the other end of the string was mistletoe. You rolled your eyes and pressed your lips against Varian's. His face lit up. Rapunzel giggled in delight. She was such a shipper.

"Merry Christmas, Varian," you said once you broke apart and leaned against him.

"Merry Christmas, (y/n)."