Change

You frowned with your arms crossed and your right leg resting over your left. You sat in what could be considered a throne next to your dad, the Baron, and your sister, Stalyan. The whole debacle with Flynn, the Princess of Corona, failed wedding, and spider venom still had them boiling. You tried telling them it wouldn't work.

You watched as several of your dad's henchmen, lead by Anthony, came forward with a struggling boy around your age bound in chains. You also took notice of a raccoon being held in a death grip by one of your dad's bigger men.

"So," Stalyan said standing up and walking towards the boy. He struggled more against the chains that bound him until Stalyan forcefully grabbed him by the chin and made him look her straight in the eyes. "You're the one that nearly destroyed Corona." She looked over his features with interest. "Cute."

"Now, now, Stalyan," your dad said standing up and joining her by her side. "Let's not terrorize our special guest."

The boy suddenly ripped his face out of Stalyan's grip and struggled harder against his restraints.

"He's a feisty one," you said joining your father and sister. You traced your sharp nail down the boy's cheek making him freeze. "I enjoy that in males."

"He may be more useful than I thought," your father said.

"What do you want with me?" the boy asked finally speaking.

"Simply you," Stalyan said poking the boy's nose in a mocking way.

"Wh-wh-what are you-?" he started to ask. He was cut off as one of the men put a collar on him with a leash, which was then handed to Stalyan.

"You're useful enough for a slave," Stalyan said. "And cute enough to be a pet."

"I am nobody's property!" the boy yelled fighting harder against his restraints.

Stalyan yanked him forward by the leash and gripped her hand around his neck. "Well just became property," she said. "My property."

Weeks went by, and you would hear the boy's cries echo throughout your home. No telling what your sister was doing to him. She could get pretty twisted at times.

One day, while your father and sister were out, you snuck to your sister's chambers. You weren't prepared for what you saw. You knew your sister had become desperate after the whole being rejected by Flynn, but you never thought she'd go that far.

Your sister never liked sharing, so you had to keep any interactions with her dear pet a secret. As you saw him more, you started to hate seeing him hurt. You couldn't understand why. You'd never been bothered by people being hurt by your family before.

One day, you weren't sure why you did it, but you untied the boy from where he was in your sister's chambers. You expected him to run or something, but instead he collapsed into your arms and cried. You were frozen for a moment. You had never had any physical contact like it before. Any time you'd make a move to try to get him off, he'd only cling tighter and cry harder.

He wouldn't let up no matter what you did. Eventually, you just snuck to your room with him. He laid with you that night and clung tightly to you. You had to admit he did look pretty adorable. You didn't know why you did, but you found yourself stroking your fingers through his hair. He hummed in content at the gesture and only became more attached.

Your sister wasn't too hot to find you with her "pet". Especially since no one could separate him from you. She was close to physically harming him until you stepped in and stopped her. She ended up beating you up instead.

That night, you both decided you had enough. You were able to find his raccoon and sneak out of the place. You both followed along the trail of black rocks where the unknown was waiting.