Rest

You sat on a stool as you watched Varian run round his lab going from one thing to another. You knew he was defiantly close to something, but you took notice of the bags under his eyes. You knew that Varian didn't have the best sleeping schedule. You couldn't even count the times he stayed up for days and collapsed out of exhaustion.

You got up off of the stool and approached Varian. It wasn't easy, since every time you'd get close, he'd move to another spot. 

"Umm, Varian?" you asked lightly tapping his shoulder when you were close enough.

"Yeah?" Varian said as he continued to work without turning around.

"Are you feeling okay?" you asked nervously.

"Yep," Varian said as he picked something up and headed for another table. "I'm great. Couldn't be better. Why?"

"Well," you said. "You just look realky tired."

"Tired?" Varian said with a laugh. "No way."

"When is the last time you slept?" you asked.

"Umm," Varian said as he thought for a moment. "What day is it?"

"Varian," you said crossing your arms.

"Okay, so I haven't slept in a few days," Varian said.

"Varian," you said rubbing your temples. "That's not healthy for you."

"Don't worry," Varian said. "I'm perfectly fine. The caffine I've had should still keep me going for a fair amount of time."

"Varian, you have to stop depriving yourself of sleep for days at a time," you said. "You're going to wear yourself out."

"There's no time for that," Varian said. "I'm so close--"

"Yeah, I know," you said. "You're close to a breakthrough. That won't do you any good if you pass out on your chemicals."

Varian laughed a little followed by a yawn. "When...have I...ever..." His eyelids got heavier with every word, and he found himself leaning forward.

You quickly jumped into action and wrapped your arms around him. "See?" you said. "This is what I'm talking about."

"I'm fine," Varian said followed by another yawn.

"Nope," you said dragging him out of his lab. "You need to rest."

"Noooooo," Varian lightly said as you dragged him out.

"Varian, are you eating enough?" you asked as you dragged him. "You're way too light."

"I eat plently," he said groggily.

You sighed and rolled your eyes as you continued to drag him. Eventually, to have a better grip, you made him face you wrapping his arms around your back, while yours went under his arms. 

Finally, you made it to his room and tried to put him on his bed. Once you got him on his bed, though, he wouldn't let go of you.

"Varian," you said a little annoyed. "Let go."

"Noo," Varian whined tightening his grip on you.

You sighed and crawled into bed next to him. "There. Happy?" you said.

"Very," Varian said before shutting his eyes. You lightly chuckled and closed your eyes as well. You both fell asleep in each other's arms.