Yes (You and Me Pt. 3)

Steven Universe AU

"Oh, this is all so pretty," you happily said as you helped Amethyst place roses above the alter. 

It was the day Ruby and Sapphire were going to get married, and you felt so excited. You were glad that they decided to let you and Varian be a part of the wedding. 

You had shapeshifted out of your usual outfit to a long, (f/c) dress with matching flats on your feet. 

Varian was standing beside you, holding a basket full of roses that you took from. He had shapeshifted into a suit similar to Steven's. 

You suddenly saw Steven running up to the alter singing and passing a rose to Amethyst. "Hello, Steven," you happily said. "This is all looking so great."

"Yeah," Amethyst said. "But maybe I shouldn't have picked up roses. Kind of controversial, don't you think?" You and Varian winced slightly, remembering the story Steven had told you. 

"It's alright," Steven said. "Peridot went to go pick some flowers. I'll go get her." With that said, Steven walked off.

"Oh, I'm so excited," you said as Amethyst climbed back up the ladder. "I've only been on Earth for a few days, and already I've seen so many new things. And now I get to experience a wedding? I don't know how this could get much better."

"Heh, you seem to get excited about everything," Amethyst said with a chuckle. 

"I just can't help it," you said jumping up and down. "It's just all so new and unlike anything I've ever experienced before!"

You then took notice of Sapphire approaching the alter. "Oh, Sapphire!" you gushed upon seeing her and got on your knees to be closer to the ground. "You look amazing! Ruby is one lucky gem!"

Sapphire chuckled. "Thank you, (y/n)."

Soon more people showed up and took their seats. You sat next to Sapphire, and Varian stood next to you. "How are you feeling?" you asked. 

"Excited," Sapphire said. "But a little nervous."

"Don't worry," you said. "This day is all about you and Ruby. This is going to be perfect."

Greg started to play his guitar, and several gems walked down the isle before Ruby stepped out of the beach house wearing a lovely white gown with purple flowers in her hair. She could hardly wait and rushed to the alter, leaving a little fire on the isle that Amethyst quickly put out. 

A big smile was on your face the whole time Steven performed the ceremony. At one point, you had started hugging Varian to your chest. You went all starry eyed when Ruby and Sapphire kissed and fused into Garnet. 

The reception was fun for you. You had shrunk down and danced with Varian for a while. You suddenly noticed Garnet through her bouquet up into space.

"Why'd she do that?" you asked. 

Varian shrugged. "I'm still not used to these Earth customs."

Eventually, you two stopped dancing to talk with Pearl, Amethyst, and Bismuth.

"So you were a diamond's pearl, too?" you asked. "And you two partnered up to rebel?"

"Well, yes," Pearl said with a small blush.

"That's so amazing," you said. "I guess Varian and I aren't too different from you guys after all."

You all smiled and laughed until you felt something land on your head. You rose a brow as you saw Garnet's bouquet land in your hands. 

"Looks like you're next," Amethyst said as Pearl and Bismuth laughed. You and Varian just looked at them with confused faces. 

Something suddenly felt off. The sky got darker. You saw Steven had tears running down his face. You looked up at the sky, and your jaw dropped. 

"It's the Diamonds!" Steven exclaimed as a yellow ship and a blue ship, each in the shape of an arm and hand, appeared in the sky.