Focus

You tried to focus on the paper in front of you. You had to get this speech done on time. The entire court was relying on you.

You suddenly heard the door to your room open. "Hey, (y/n)." you heard a familiar voice say.

"Not now, Varian," said trying to ignore him and continue writing.

"Aww, come on," Varian said walking up next to you and leaning against your desk.

"I have to concentrate right now," you said.

"You promised me," Varian said kneeling on the other side of your desk and looking at you with puppy dog eyes.

"Varian, don't give me the puppy routine right now," you said trying your hardest not to look at him.

"Come on," Varian said leaning on the other side of your desk.

"No," you said.

You suddenly felt his arms wrap around your torso. "Please," he said squeezing you.

"Varian" you said. "No means no."

"Can I at least hold you?" Varian asked on a begging tone.

You sighed. "Fine."

You yelped as Varian picked you up, took a seat, and placed you in his lap with his arms wrapped securely around you. "Great!" he happily said. "You won't even know I'm here."

You rolled your eyes and sighed as you went back to writing. Barely a minute later, you felt a weird sensation on your neck. "Varian," you said turning your head and giving him a stern look.

"What?" he innocently asked.

You rolled your eyes and went back to writing. You felt the sensation again, but this time it was repeated over and over. It actually started to tickle.

"Varian," you said in between your giggles. "Stop."

"Come on," he said. "You know you love it."

"N-no!" you said as you continued to giggle. "I can't! I-I-I have to focus!"

He turned you around so you were facing him but stayed in his lap. "You could focus on something else for a bit," he said wiggling his eyebrows.

You sighed and pecked his lips. "Why do you have to be so cute?" you said.

"It's a curse," he replied with a sly smile.

You leaned in again, and your lips connected. Your hands went up and down Varian's neck and into his hair. Varian kept one arm securely around you while the other cradled your head.

Your speech sat there on your desk forgotten, but it could wait. Your Varian always did come first.