Jealousy

Varian was glaring daggers at the boy who was talking to you on the other side of the room. 

"Wow," Cassandra said walking up next to him. "If looks could kill, that boy would dead five times over at this point."

"What do you want, Cassandra?" Varian said in a monotone voice. 

"Hey, can a girl not come check on a friend?" Cassandra said. 

"Whatever," Varian grumbled. 

"You're more jealous than I thought," Cassandra said sipping her drink. 

"I'm not jealous," Varian said. 

"Right," Cassandra said. "That's like saying you're not an alchemist."

"Hmph," Varian said slapping his head down on the table. 

"Oh, look," Cassandra said. "He just gave her a red rose, and they kissed."

"What?!" Varian exclaimed sitting up. Cassandra lied. 

"Jealous," she said with a smirk. 

"That is not funny," Varian said. 

"Come on," Cassandra said. "It's obvious that you're hitting on (y/n). Why don't you just stop moping and ask her out, already?"

"That's just not how it works," Varian said crossing his arms. 

"Okay," Cassandra said. "But if you don't make a move tonight, you'll probably regret it."

"Why?" Varian asked. 

"I heard that boy is going to ask (y/n) to be his girlfriend," Cassandra said. "If you don't make a move soon, (y/n)'s not going to be available anymore."

Varian quickly jumped up and head for you. Cassandra chuckled to herself. "He's so jealous."