Blood-Red

You slowly walked through the dark halls of the castle. You had heard a strange noise that woke you up and went to investigate, but you didn't find anything.

You held the lit candle put in front of you to light your way. For such a sunny kingdom, Corona really was creepy at night.

You suddenly heard a strange sound. You turned around but saw nothing. You shrugged it off and continued onward. You suddenly heard the sound again.

"Hello?" you said turning around shaking a little. "Is someone there?" There was no reply, and everything remained still. You continued forward, still shaking a little.

Soft music started to play. You looked around in fear to figure out where it was coming from. It sounded like a melody from some sort of music box. You could have sword it almost sounded like a morbid version of wedding music.

You closed your eyes and shook your head a little. You opened them again to see light black fabric hanging in front of your face. You weren't in your nightgown. You, instead had on an elegant black dress that hugged your curves and reached down to your feet. Your hand no longer held a candle. Instead, it held a small bouquet of black roses.

You closed your eyes and shook your head once more. When you opened them, there was no fabric in front of your face. The candle was back, and the roses were gone. You looked down to see the black dress was gone, and you were in your nightgown once more.

You sighed before you started hearing your name. A voice kept whispering it over and over. You let fear overtake you and started to run to your room. The whispering followed you all the way. They only seemed to get louder and louder the further you got.

You ran into your room, placed down the candle, and shut the doors behind you. You sighed, leaning against the doors. "What is up with me tonight?" you asked yourself.

Your candle suddenly went out and everything was quiet. You stood there breathing deeply for a moment before you felt another presence behind you.

"Hello, milady," a familiar voice said. Your blood went cold. You turned around and froze in fear. There in your room, just in front of the opened doors that lead to your balcony was...

"V-V-Varian?" you said fearfully pulling a hand up to your mouth.

He sent a malicious smirk your way, and you saw his sharp fangs show. He eyes you up and down with his blood-red eyes. They hadn't been their normal blue in years.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" you asked.

"Oh, (y/n)," Varian said as he slowly approached you. "You didn't really think I was gone for good, did you?" You had backed up completely against the wall, and Varian placed one hand on both sides of your body, keeping you in place. "You know I'd never leave you behind."

"What do you want, Varian?" you asked.

He leaned his face dangerously close to yours. "I think it's pretty obvious. I thought the signs I sent you in the halls was enough. But," He held your arms down and put his hands on your waist. "To clarify..." Ge bared his fangs and leaned towards your neck. You could feel his breath on your skin. "I want you."

"Varian?" you said terrified. He brought his fangs down.

~~~~

Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cassandra all woke up to the sound of a scream.

"(Y/n)!" they all exclaimed at once and jumped out of their beds. They ran into each other in the halls and ran to your room.

"(Y/n)!" Rapunzel exclaimed owning the doors. They all gasped at what they saw.

You were unconscious and being held in Varian's arms as he stood at the edge of your balcony. Your skin looked like it was getting paler, your teeth were looking sharper, and there were two small holes in your neck.

"Put her down!" Cassandra exclaimed pulling out her sword and charging at Varian.

Varian looked at Rapunzel and smirked. "See you later, your highness," Varian said just before wrapping his dark cloak around the two of you and disappearing.

Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cassandra all stared at where Varian once was with shocked expressions.

"(Y/n)!" they all exclaimed.

~~~~

Varian appeared once again in a dark castle in the middle of the woods. He smirked and looked down at you, still unconscious in his arms.

The black dress, veil, and roses appeared on you again, just as you started to open your eyes to reveal blood-red irises.