Music To My Ears

You gently strummed the guitar and closed your eyes in content at the sound. Varian was sitting next to you and was watching with half-lidded eyes. He always loved it when you played your guitar. It always sounded so beautiful and relaxing.

"Varian," you said opening your eyes and stopping your striking. "Would you add on to my work?"

"What?" Varian asked.

"Could you sing?" you asked.

"Well, I, uh, I," Varian stuttered rubbing the back of his neck.

"Please," you said. "You have such a nice a voice."

"I really don't," Varian said.

"Yes, you do," you said. '

"No I don't," Varian said crossing his arms.

"Are you sure?" you asked grinning mischievously and putting your guitar down.

"Yes I--hahaha!" Varian was interrupted by his own fits of laughter. You were tickling him senseless.

"Admit it," you said.

"N-n-never," he said in between giggles.

"Have it your way," you said as you continued to tickle him.

Suddenly, he was able to flip you over, so he was now on top of you. Your eyes went wide for a second when you saw a smirk come across his. "Payback time," he said leaning down. "Milady." You shivered a little as you felt his lips come into contact with your neck.

"V-Varian," you said once he was at your sensitive spot. "Not there."

He stopped and lifted his head to where he was looking you straight in the eye. He was holding himself up by his elbows placed on both sides of you. He smiled down at you. You did the same at him. He slowly came down and pressed his lips against yours. You both closed your eyes in content. You slowly lifted your arms and wrapped them around Varian's neck. He wrapped his arms around your back and slowly lifted you up with him. You both stayed like that for a moment with Varian pulling you into his lap and holding you close.

After a minute or two, you broke away. You placed your hands on Varian's shoulders and leaned your forehead against his. The two of you rubbed your noses together for a second.

"You are being modest," you said. "Your voice really is amazing."

"You only say that because you're so infatuated," Varian said with a smirk. You rolled your eyes and pecked his lips.

"Please," you said. "Just one little song."

Varian sighed. "Okay."

You both got up off of the ground, and Varian sat down on the fallen tree. You picked up your guitar and felt Varian take hold of your waist and pull you into his lap. You turned your head and pecked his lips with a smile.

You started to strum your guitar and lean back against Varian. You nuzzled your heads together as you strummed and he sang a lovely melody. It was true music to your ears.