BTS: Jungkook: Important News (Part Two)

This imagine's dedicated to @007spy (the person who requested for the 2nd part.) This imagine's also dedicated to the original person who requested for it @Kkamjong14__. Thank you both for requesting! ^^
~
A/n: It was the last day of school today!!! (Also why I'm posting two imagines.) What are your guys' summer plans?
~
"Seungkwan said..." Your boyfriend; Mingyu trails off as he fixates on someone over your shoulder. His expression flips from happy to guarded in seconds as he recognizes the person, just as you hear a familiar voice.
"ChaCha, it's nice to see you... Can we talk?"
The next minute seems to happen in slow motion; you turn towards Jungkook's voice while Mingyu yanks you to him.
"Leave her alone, Jungkook," Mingyu growls as he protectively steps in front of you.
You glance around at the surrounding people, wondering how nobody at the music awards ceremony can notice the hostile exchange between your boyfriend and your ex.
You peek around Mingyu's suit sleeve to study Jungkook's undisguised expression of sadness.
Jungkook's eyes lock on yours and he whispers, "five minutes is all I ask."
Mingyu starts to retort, but you lay a hand on his arm and he reluctantly falls silent.
You plant a kiss on his cheek and murmur in his ear, "I won't be long."
Once you're facing towards him; Jungkook turns on his heel and pushes through the crowd of people, creating a path for you until you reach an empty hallway.
"Why do you want to talk to me?" You immediately get to the point; wanting to get this horrible conversation over with because you feel the old heartache starting to return.
He begins to respond, then his gaze falls on your necklace. "Is that?.." Jungkook's eyes widen by a fraction before he takes a step towards you with an outstretched hand.
You instinctively jerk away, dropping your gaze from his. "The ring?" You unconsciously grab it, running your fingers over the smooth exterior. "I'm guessing Namjoon showed you a picture."
Seeing the ring, Jungkook look's like you've slapped him; a mixture of disbelief, agony, and regret all etched into his handsome features.
"Why did you keep it?" Jungkook rasps; like he hasn't had water in days.
You reply as flatly as you can, "as a reminder."
"Of what?" His eyes are drawn back to the ring.
"Of you. It's to remind me of the mistake I made by falling in love with you."
Mingyu rounds the corner on the opposite end of the hallway. "Times up!" Mingyu barks, but makes no move to walk over to you.
Jungkook pales, but you know it isn't because of Mingyu's frightening tone, it's the weight of your words.
You hesitate for a split-second, then unhook the chain from around your neck. You reach out and grab Jungkook's hand, gently placing the necklace in his palm.
You blink once and two tears trail down your cheeks as you step away from him. "It's not my fault, I had no control over your decision. This ring is now yours, maybe it can serve as a reminder to you."
You turn around and begin walking over to Mingyu, feeling Jungkook's intense stare on your back the entire length of the hallway.
Mingyu briefly glances at Jungkook, then looks down at you with a concerned frown. "Let's go." He places a gentle hand on your back and steers you back into the crowded room.
You follow him without a word, thinking about the ring. It not only ended a long relationship, it helped you let go of the sadness and gave you to courage to continue dating Mingyu without any guilt to hold you back.