SEVENTEEN: Jeonghan- Pretty U

This imagine's based off of Pretty U by SEVENTEEN.
~
This is a song imagine, italics are flashbacks and bold words are song lyrics. If some words are in italics and are also bolded, those are thoughts.
~
IVE LITERALLY HAD THIS ENTIRE ALBUM ON REPEAT SINCE IT WAS RELEASED. I think I have a slight problem... (But does anybody else love Jeonghan's new haircut? I think it suits him.)
~~~
There's so many things I want to say
But I don't know how to say them
Help me SOS
"Go on, Jeonghan!" Seungcheol gives me a gentle shove towards (Y/n), who's standing alone as she slides her school books into her locker. "Talk to her!"
I shake my head and shoot him an irritated glare. "I ask you to help me, that is not helping."
One two three four
The school bell rings, signaling that class is about to start.
Upon the bell, (Y/n) shuts her locker and walks away to her next class.
My short opportunity to talk to her has passed.
What do I say
To let you know how I feel
Should I take my heart out
And copy and paste it
One beautiful day out of nowhere
You came to me
You make my heart drunk on you and made me look
You are so greedy
After a long, uneventful day at school, I'm walking out of the front doors and hear a musical voice call out, "Jeonghan!"
I'm afraid to turn around, in case I'm just imagining her.
"Are you going that way?" She blocks my path down the steps while pointing in the direction of my house.
I nod furiously; stopping immediately after I realized that I probably looked like an idiot.
She smiles sweetly and I begin to walk down the last flight of steps; slowing my pace so she can match my stride.
"Want to walk together?" I ask softly, mentally shouting in joy because I was finally able to form a complete sentence.
"Sure."
What I wanted to say is
Don't take this the wrong way
But I can't see anything but you
You're so ice ice baby
At the same time you make me melt
Just can't get enough
I want to show you everything about myself
The next day, after school, (Y/n) walks with me again, but this time Seungcheol joins us.
Seungcheol wedges himself in between (Y/n) and I, and it almost seems like (Y/n)'s annoyed because of his behavior.
"Seungcheol? Could you walk on the other side of Jeonghan? You're pushing me off the sidewalk," she questions quietly, yet her tone is firm.
"No problem." Seungcheol shoots me a wink while stepping around me.
"She likes you," he whispers in my ear as he gently nudges my shoulder with his own.
We chose each other
And focus on nano measure
I'm breathless every time I see you
On Wednesday, I convinced Seungcheol to let me walk alone with (Y/n), in the hopes that I'll gain the courage to confess.
I'm not like this usually
Out of my friends, I always know the right think to say. That's why I'm known as the mother of them, I know how to cheer them up.
But when I'm with her, I'm lucky if I can even get five words out of my mouth while trying to form a coherent sentence.
I want to combine all the pretty words
And say them to you
But when I'm in front of you- I can't seem to say them
I would drink water in the middle of the night
And promise myself that
I would say those words that were on the tip of my tongue
I will say them for sure tomorrow
That you are pretty
It's Sunday night and for the entire weekend, I couldn't get (Y/n) out of my mind.
Everything about her is absolutely perfect and I wish I could tell her that.
I chug a cold glass of water to calm my racing heart.
I will do it. I will confess tomorrow.
Medicine for cold
Food for hunger
You for me
That's what should be in the dictionary
I should be what defines you
But what is it that I can do today
"I want to do something special!" I huff while slamming my locker door shut in frustration.
"Just tell her that you love her!" Seungcheol spins me around and harshly shakes me by the shoulders. "She. Likes. You! If you tell her how you feel, that will be memorable enough!"
Should I ask the internet
Which clothes should I wear and where should we go
I should have studied as hard
"A suit?" Seungcheol chokes back a laugh.
"Shut up," I mumble as I adjust my tie then subconsciously run a hand through my hair. "I want to look nice."
We chose each other
And focus on nano measure
"Don't you look handsome," (Y/n) giggles while picking a piece of lint off of my shoulder.
"You think so?" I murmur, shyly ducking my head to cover my warm cheeks.
"Well, you always look handsome, but the suit makes you look even more amazing. What's the occasion?" Her bright eyes meet mine and immediately my mouth goes dry.
I'm breathless every time I see you
I'm not like this usually
"Jeonghan?"
I realize it's been a couple minutes since I've said anything, yet I can't seem to form the words with her so close to me.
I'm extremely aware that her hand is still resting on my shoulder, and my focus is centered around the fact that she is touching me.
I want to combine all the pretty words
And say them to you
But when I'm in front of you- I can't seem to say them
"I- I have a job interview," the words are out of my mouth before I completely process what they are.
"Oh." She hesitantly removes her hand and takes a step back.
It may have just been the light, but I could swear that the spark in her eyes dimmed.
I would drink water in the middle of the night
And promise myself that
I would say those words that were on the tip of my tongue
I will say them for sure tomorrow
That you are pretty
*That Night*
"Jeonghan? What're you doing? It's three in the morning." My dad flicks on the kitchen lights, causing me to shield my eyes with a groan.
"I know," I mutter with a soft sigh. "I can't sleep."
I see my dad smirk in the reflection of the window. "Girl trouble?" He chuckles.
"You could say that." I trace the rim of the glass with my pointer finger.
"Can't confessed to her?"
I refill the cup with tap water and chug the contents, pinching the bridge of my nose with my free hand. "Yeah."
"You've probably heard this before, but you need to get it out. Tell her you like her, then tell her why; so it's genuine."
"I- I will."
I can't take it no more
There's something I have to say
I can't take it no more
I'm trying to say it now
I can't take it no more
I tried to write a letter
I can't take it no more
I can't take it anymore
"(Y/n)!" Seungcheol calls out just as the eighth period bell's about to ring.
"Seungcheol! No!" I gasp, trying to duck into the nearest classroom, but Seungcheol has a hand fisted in the fabric of my shirt.
"Jeonghan wants to tell you something!"
(Y/n) turns in the direction of Seungcheol's voice.
Once her gaze falls on me, she smiles and begins to walk over.
Baby you're my lady
I was running towards your heart
Baby I am almost there
She's a couple feet away from me, then Seungcheol releases his tight grip on my shirt.
"Make it genuine," he murmurs as he he walks away.
(Y/n) stops within arms reach of me and asks softly, "you wanted to tell me something?"
I would drink water in the middle of the night
And promise myself that
I would say those words that are sweet and pretty like they're a line from a movie
These are the words I would practice for days and nights
I will clench my fist
And tell you tomorrow
That you are pretty
I clasp my hands behind my back so she doesn't see them trembling. I take a deep breath and say, "(Y/n), I-I think you're the most beautiful, sweetest, and smartest girl in the world. Would you go on a date with me?"
Does she love me
Does she love me not?
All day I'm counting flower petals
Does she love me
Does she love me not?
What will the flower petals tell me
She boldly reaches out and intertwines our hands together with a happy grin. "Do I want to go on a date with the handsomest, sweetest, and smartest boy in the world? It would be my absolute pleasure."