Monsta X: Shownu- Different

This imagine's dedicated to @YOONMINIEPABO. Thank you for requesting! ^^
~~~
It's almost like Hyunwoo's dead.
He's obviously not because he's sitting right in front of you, trapped in his own little world.
Ever since Hyunwoo got in a car accident and had to go the the hospital, he hasn't spoken one word to anybody from the moment he finally opened his eyes.  The doctors' say it's the head trauma he's suffered from.
The drunk driver hit the driver side of his vehicle, pinning him to the barrier on the other side of the road. Hyunwoo suffered from whiplash and possible brain damage, along with a broken leg, a broken arm, and two fractured ribs.
It's been months and all those injuries have healed, and yet he hasn't spoken a word to anybody, even you, his girlfriend of three and a half years.
You visit him daily, often sitting in heartbreaking silence before you have to leave, not wanting to cry in front of him.
"Hyunwoo." You squeeze his hand gently to get his attention.
He slowly turns his head, meeting your clear eyes with unfocused, glazed ones.
You swallow hard; pinching your eyes shut then open them, plastering a smile on your face for his benefit. "I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow though." You lean forward, pressing your lips to his, while hoping with all your heart that he'll kiss you back.
His lips don't put any pressure on yours and you reluctantly pull back,
feeling your throat start to burn
as you choke back tears.
What did you expect? It's been like this every day since the accident, why would today be different?
"Saranghae." You squeeze out through the tightness in your throat. You turn your back to him and bolt towards the door, no longer being able to stay in the same room as him. Tears are streaming down your face and you sniffle, wiping your sleeve across your eyes then reach for the doorknob.
You start to open the door but freeze when a soft, hoarse voice replies, "saranghae."