176.

"God, this place is perfect," Brett exhaled once they got back to the car. "How on earth did you find this?"
Eddy leaned over and kissed Brett quickly, a wide smile forming on his lips.
"Just research online," he said, taking Brett's hand. "It seemed like a great place, and I could really see us getting married there from the pictures."
"I love you so much. It is perfect."

...

The next few days everything started coming into place. They had a date, they had a venue, they had made a guest list. The next step was to write invitations, something Eddy wanted them to do by hand. Brett had agreed, but was really not looking forward to the hand cramps.

"Ready for some writing today?" Eddy asked one morning, cuddling closer into Brett's chest. "Announce the date to literally everyone we know, and all that."
Brett kissed the top of his head with a smile.

"Yeah, I feel my wrist cramping already," Brett joked, running his hand through Eddy's hair. "How many invitations are we writing again?"

"I think it was like 157," Eddy mumbled, taking Brett's hand and intertwining their fingers. "Still can't believe we know that many people that we want to invite to our wedding."

"Insane," Brett sighed, feeling the uneasy feeling he always had when time to take his pill came around.
Eddy tilted his head up and kissed Brett softly.

"Mmm I just wanna stay in bed with you all day instead of writing invitations," Eddy purred, and Brett couldn't help but smile a half sad smile.

"You know I'll have to get up soon anyway, unfortunately," Brett sighed, running his thumb over the back of his hand. "Sorry I can't stay here with you all day."

Eddy nodded and kissed him again.
"I know, love. It's more important you get your medicine, though."
Brett sighed again, leaning his head back on the pillow.

"I wish I didn't have to take it," Brett mumbled. "If only there was a way I could live with the voice without it making me do stupid things."

They laid in silence for a while, the uneasy feeling only getting stronger by the minute. Brett knew it was only a matter of time before the voice would be back, probably telling him off for something.

"Do you miss it?" Eddy asked, looking up at him with curiosity on his face. Brett looked more confused.
"What do you mean?"
"You said before that you felt like it was helping you, and now that it's been quiet for a while I was wondering if you miss hearing from it?"

Brett thought about it for a minute, absentmindedly running his hand through Eddy's hair.
"I guess I do, in a way. It was worse when I was at the ward, though."
Eddy nodded, enjoying the feeling of Brett's fingers through his hair.
"It's easier when I have you around to distract me from the silence."

Eddy kissed his cheek softly.
"What about it do you miss?" he asked, shifting further up to be closer to his face. He placed a hand gently on his cheek, running his thumb over his cheekbone.

"I miss it telling me when I do something stupid. Nowadays, I have no idea if what I'm doing is okay, and it freaks me out a bit."
Brett turned his face towards Eddy's, nose centimeters from each other.

"All you've done so far is make me feel like the luckiest man alive, so I'd say you're doing great," Eddy whispered, brushing some stray hairs from Brett's forehead. Brett smiled a bit.

"I can't believe I've done nothing wrong, love, but I try my best. I really do," Brett whispered back before moving to kiss him quickly. "Let's write some invitations now, yeah"